View out the window- Post your pics

View from backyard yesterday afternoon. Lenticular clouds are always cool.

IMG_2561.jpeg
 
I have returned to conducting Timberland security. I sleep in my camp trailer two to three nights a week. Here was my view when I came "home."
20260509_173943.jpg

A week ago I watched a bear walk out about 15 degrees to the right of these elk.
Here is a photo of the opposite side of Mt McGloughlin. The opposite of what @NIGHTHAWK posted a few days ago.
20260509_115713.jpg

The elk in the above photo would have a much better view of the mountain. Old timers call it Mount Pitt, currently it is called McGloughlin.
 
I posted the elk pics a few days ago. At 6 this morning, I had a wolf visit. In this photo, it's 300 yards out. It eventually came in to about 125, but those are all videos. This wolf is part of the "Grouse Ridge" pack in SW Oregon.
20260511_062308.jpg
 
@MS 9x56 in Oregon, specifically SW Oregon, wolves are still considered endangered. Could you imagine the media firestorm should a retired "game warden" shoot an endangered species? I've always wanted to be on the "cover of the Rolling Stone," but I'll take a pass on that story.

In the past two weeks, I've seen lots of elk, deer, and turkeys. I've also seen the above wolf, a few black bears, and one HUGE MOUNTAIN LION. Unbelievable lion. I dont want to push the 200 pound button, but Holy Smokes... maybe?
 
@MS 9x56 in Oregon, specifically SW Oregon, wolves are still considered endangered. Could you imagine the media firestorm should a retired "game warden" shoot an endangered species? I've always wanted to be on the "cover of the Rolling Stone," but I'll take a pass on that story.

In the past two weeks, I've seen lots of elk, deer, and turkeys. I've also seen the above wolf, a few black bears, and one HUGE MOUNTAIN LION. Unbelievable lion. I dont want to push the 200 pound button, but Holy Smokes... maybe?
Yeah that would be bad.
 
About everything planted for the fall except an acre or two of dwarf sorghum.
Corn
Rice
Pea/bean mix and a millet mix.
About 7 acres total.
If we get the rain that the weather guessers are predicting with El Niño the rice and about a half acre of corn should flood, hopefully if it does a few ducks will find it.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3694.jpeg
    IMG_3694.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_3695.jpeg
    IMG_3695.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 83

Forum statistics

Threads
70,279
Messages
1,571,505
Members
169,365
Latest member
TillyQ1897
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top