Verney Carron Double Rifles

This is it.
500.jpg

idk, isn't there a "Fabric" that's similar to this pattern?
500 6.jpg

Thank You.
Different, subtle & scalloped.

Last edited:
This is it .. "Looks like a Round Body/Eloge"
500 6.jpg

24" Barrells. Scalloped Receiver. Tear Drop? Slight <15" LOP. Lost Drop & Cast.

I would imagine the "cost" to recreate this would not be an inexpensive idea ...
No doubt about it. Another example of damascus from Purdey.

No doubt about it. Another example of damascus from Purdey.
Thank you. They stated that well "Purposefully Unadorned.",
.. incredible process, out of my league.

The (original) cost of the steel is not that bad. It comes from Sweden: https://damasteel.se/

The company also sell blanks, for those able to make their own knives.

As to fabric - watered silk, perhaps?
Thanks as well .. Silk, or taffeta was a thought, with my limited knowledge.

We are talking about 2 very different kinds of Damascus steel in the link and the type on a purdey rifle. One a chemically induced pattern and the other pounded layers (very $).

We are talking about 2 very different kinds of Damascus steel in the link and the type on a purdey rifle. One a chemically induced pattern and the other pounded layers (very $).
That's what i was wondering. If they recreate (the finish) without actual forging .. Thank you.

For the sake of the VC at least?

Last edited:
I have not read through this entire post (nor do I intend to do so). That said, I own a VC double in 600NE. It is an incredible shooting machine. I purchased it from Ken Buch dba Kebco about a year and half ago. I shoot it regularly using reduced loads with 5744 behind 900gr CuttingEdge solids or my own 900gr cast bullets. Dead on at 50 yds regardless of what I stuff in it.
DSC_0069 (8).JPG
DSC_0077 (4).JPG
DSC01070.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SSG Joe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.