Verney Carron Double Rifles

This is it.
500.jpg
 
Wondering the apx. cost in engraving, here.
500 1.jpg
 
idk, isn't there a "Fabric" that's similar to this pattern?
500 6.jpg

Thank You.
Different, subtle & scalloped.
 
Last edited:
This is it .. "Looks like a Round Body/Eloge"
500 6.jpg

24" Barrells. Scalloped Receiver. Tear Drop? Slight <15" LOP. Lost Drop & Cast.
 
I would imagine the "cost" to recreate this would not be an inexpensive idea ...
No doubt about it. Another example of damascus from Purdey.
 
No doubt about it. Another example of damascus from Purdey.
Thank you. They stated that well "Purposefully Unadorned.",
.. incredible process, out of my league.
 
The (original) cost of the steel is not that bad. It comes from Sweden: https://damasteel.se/

The company also sell blanks, for those able to make their own knives.

As to fabric - watered silk, perhaps?
Thanks as well .. Silk, or taffeta was a thought, with my limited knowledge.
 
We are talking about 2 very different kinds of Damascus steel in the link and the type on a purdey rifle. One a chemically induced pattern and the other pounded layers (very $).
 
We are talking about 2 very different kinds of Damascus steel in the link and the type on a purdey rifle. One a chemically induced pattern and the other pounded layers (very $).
That's what i was wondering. If they recreate (the finish) without actual forging .. Thank you.

For the sake of the VC at least?
 
Last edited:
I have not read through this entire post (nor do I intend to do so). That said, I own a VC double in 600NE. It is an incredible shooting machine. I purchased it from Ken Buch dba Kebco about a year and half ago. I shoot it regularly using reduced loads with 5744 behind 900gr CuttingEdge solids or my own 900gr cast bullets. Dead on at 50 yds regardless of what I stuff in it.
DSC_0069 (8).JPG
DSC_0077 (4).JPG
DSC01070.jpg
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,279
Messages
1,571,515
Members
169,366
Latest member
thambprowdehos1973
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top