Unusually good quick snacks

Venison jerky with a stick of mozzarella or cheddar and a cold Kombucha.

A jar of those huge green olives, come from Egypt last I had them. Swimming in spiced olive oil, once you start there is no stopping until they are finished.

Brine pickled cockles in a jar, you eat them out one by one with a toothpick. A unique flavour, nothing else like it. Very Cockney.
I had to look up what a cockle is :D but that sounds like it would be very tasty!
I like about anything pickled...except pickled pigs feet - the texture isn't right to me.

I had to look up what a cockle is :D but that sounds like it would be very tasty!
I like about anything pickled...except pickled pigs feet - the texture isn't right to me.
They are divine, I would say my number one taste in the whole world. I wonder if I can get a whole case sent to Africa?

Peanut butter and dill pickle sandwich!
And a spinach dip that I make with any kind of cracker.

Brine pickled cockles in a jar, you eat them out one by one with a toothpick. A unique flavour, nothing else like it. Very Cockney.

After many drinks, I ordered a plate of percebes at a bar in Spain. They were fantastic, so I ordered a few some more. What I failed to take into account was the price, I ended up with a $100+ snack. But damn they are good.

Last edited:
After many drinks, I ordered a plate of percebes at a bar in Spain. They were fantastic, so I ordered a few some more. What I failed to take into account was the price, I ended up with a $100+ snack. But damn they are good.
You really found a deal. They are special.

Sound wonderful Yancy, I will get some one day.
When landing in Guarulhos airport in Sao Paulo head to the little island eateries and order camarao empadas and agua da coco. Great introduction to Brasil.

For the cheese side; Cotswold. One of the thing's that the Brits did well in the culinary world.

Who doesn't like a pickled egg? With a packet of salt and vinegar crisps.
I made a load last summer, fantastic.

Otherwise two slices of toast, sliced cheddar cheese arranged right to the edges and then stilton cheese sprinkled on top and back under the grill to melt it all together.
_20200603_112139.jpeg

After reading through these posts I had to try some red pepper jelly so whipped some up a few days ago from a US recipe I found. Simple and super tasty,
*Red capsicum (here in Australia),
* A disturbing amount of sugar,
* Lemon juice,
*Setting agent,
Some time on the stove, some time in the jar, then enjoy. Thanks for the heads up, will be trying my hand at pickled eggs next

And when you need some qhick energy and promise to go for a run to work off the sugar glace cherries swimming in ideal milk. Its a sin to waste those things on cakes.

Some of you eat some strange stuff, ijs

For snacking, a good, just slightly spicy, summer sausage with smoked colby jack is hard to beat. For a little variety, try smoked gouda or smoked pepper jack (can get a little crumbly). For that matter, smoked cheddar works also, or smoked mozzarella. If you snack enough, you can skip lunch....

finally figured out a smoked summer sausage spice blend I like... been snacking on home made jalapeno garlic venison summer sausage for the the last several weeks.. (made several 4lb sausages from our whitetail and blacktail does that we took this year...).. its excellent on a simple ritz cracker with a piece of smoked cheddar on top..

A big spoonful of mincemeat, an onion slice on a buttermilk biscuit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you