Trophy Solutions?

wildfowler.250

AH veteran
Joined
Jan 20, 2019
Messages
234
Reaction score
163
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Has anyone used the following company in the past for either dip and pack or for euro mounts? My taxidermist has recommended them,(who I trust) but I thought there was no harm in doing some research on here. First and potentially one off trip for me,(according to the wife) so want to get everything lined up correctly.



Thanks!
 
I used them about 3-4 years ago after a buffalo hunt in Limpopo.

They did a shoulter mount of my bull, and a clean white skull from a buff cow.

They also produced a book stand, and a magnificent cigar ashtray, from the bull’s two front hoofs.

All great work and well organized communication and logistics. From my experience I can definitivt recommend them.
 
Hi,
I used them last year for dip and pack and will do the same this year. This year I visited their facilities on the way back to the airport and even had a friendly guided tour through their company.
Communication was perfect and the trophies last year arrived in Germany after only 3 months.
The costs are on the high side.
I recommend them without any exceptions- you get what you pay for!
Best regards,
Agrarler
 
I used them in 2018 with great results. They did seem to be a bit higher in costs than a few others.
 
Thanks folks! Much appreciated. Certainly it doesn’t seem like an area to cost cut on so happy if they do a good job.

Has anyone had any euro mounts done by them? I’m just worried about them being either painted antlers,(darker) or white/varnish on the skulls. I will ask them directly but good to get general feedback.

Certainly the taxidermist is very particular at this end and all of the above makes them seem very reassuring. Thanks!
 
Used them in 2018 did good job on dip and pack. No complaints. Been using a smaller taxidermist shop since then closer to where I have been hunting, and they are a little less on costs.
 
They are doing my dip and pack stuff right now. They have been great to deal with so far.
 
Used them in 2018 did good job on dip and pack. No complaints. Been using a smaller taxidermist shop since then closer to where I have been hunting, and they are a little less on costs.

They are doing my dip and pack stuff right now. They have been great to deal with so far.

Quality costs, well worth it

Thanks folks, they seem several hours from my outfitter but they were still happy to come and collect which I was impressed with - maybe I’m just too used to being in a small country.

Did you folk tag your skulls and capes with the outfitter? I believe they’ll re tag them anyway but it can’t hurt to do it twice
 
Thanks folks, they seem several hours from my outfitter but they were still happy to come and collect which I was impressed with - maybe I’m just too used to being in a small country.

Did you folk tag your skulls and capes with the outfitter? I believe they’ll re tag them anyway but it can’t hurt to do it twice
Don't worry about that. The stuff will be tagged in the skinning shed. A good PH will usually check on the day's harvest in the evening to make sure everything is okay. You can go with him to the shed if you like.

I had problems with another taxidermist there. This outfit sounds much more reputable. Still, you should specify on the order you fill out and sign before leaving that you don't want skulls painted and prefer all teeth intact.
 
Thanks @Ontario Hunter , makes sense and I hadn’t even thought about them cutting it. Just like a bit of peroxide on the skull and otherwise they look great as they are!
 
I used them 3 years ago on 3 euro mounts, jackal rug and a Gemsbok pedestal mount. good communication was good work looked nice. they want to use their sister company Condor Cargo and found them to high for shipping so used Badger Cargo. I would use them again
 
I used them 3 years ago on 3 euro mounts, jackal rug and a Gemsbok pedestal mount. good communication was good work looked nice. they want to use their sister company Condor Cargo and found them to high for shipping so used Badger Cargo. I would use them again

Thank you! Actually I did get a ‘ball park’ figure from Condor. It wasnt so high I was shocked if that makes sense,(first time doing this and was expecting everything to be expensive). But I didn’t realise you could shop around re cargo company.

Have you got any photos of the euro mounts? No problem if not! Just keen to see what their end result is like
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,353
Messages
1,573,862
Members
169,862
Latest member
proftiosasi1978
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top