Trophy Shippers offline?

Hi Doug,

my apologies about this as we should have reached out to you right away. It is not how we operate. Should you choose to reach out again please feel free to shoot me a message.

Thank you

Allan Zarach

OK, so here is what is probably my last update on the ongoing saga that I have posted about before.

Jan 6th I did indeed visit Trophy Shippers booth at the DSC expo. I had a visit with Mr. Alan Zarach about the fact that Trophy Shippers had promised to look into the high storage fees and had since ghosted me. I was assured that this was not how they did business and that they would dig into after the show and get back to me the next week. Was told of the change and that now Mr. Zarach was again in charge of the Trophy Shippers side of the business and that he was righting the ship.

Jan 25 Having had no contact since being told I would hear from them the week after the DSC show I sent an email to Mr. Zarach's email address that he had given me at the DSC show asking if he had had a chance to see what caused the high storage fees yet.

Jan 30. Having received no response to my email I called the number that Mr Zarach had given me on his business card at DSC. He did not answer so I left a voicemail. Mr. Zarach did return my call and said that he was out of the office and he would forward my concerns to one of his business associates and to expect a return call

SInce that day nearly two weeks ago I have not heard from Trohpy Shippers. Once again being ghosted I assume they will not be returning my calls EVER and what is done is done. It is a real pet peeve of mine when somebody does not return calls that they have said they will. At this time my recommendation is to use ANYBODY but Trophy Shippers as your import agency. It may cost a little more in fees but not having to deal with the headaches and storage fees will be well worth the extra in the end.

OK, so here is what is probably my last update on the ongoing saga that I have posted about before.

Jan 6th I did indeed visit Trophy Shippers booth at the DSC expo. I had a visit with Mr. Alan Zarach about the fact that Trophy Shippers had promised to look into the high storage fees and had since ghosted me. I was assured that this was not how they did business and that they would dig into after the show and get back to me the next week. Was told of the change and that now Mr. Zarach was again in charge of the Trophy Shippers side of the business and that he was righting the ship.

Jan 25 Having had no contact since being told I would hear from them the week after the DSC show I sent an email to Mr. Zarach's email address that he had given me at the DSC show asking if he had had a chance to see what caused the high storage fees yet.

Jan 30. Having received no response to my email I called the number that Mr Zarach had given me on his business card at DSC. He did not answer so I left a voicemail. Mr. Zarach did return my call and said that he was out of the office and he would forward my concerns to one of his business associates and to expect a return call

SInce that day nearly two weeks ago I have not heard from Trohpy Shippers. Once again being ghosted I assume they will not be returning my calls EVER and what is done is done. It is a real pet peeve of mine when somebody does not return calls that they have said they will. At this time my recommendation is to use ANYBODY but Trophy Shippers as your import agency. It may cost a little more in fees but not having to deal with the headaches and storage fees will be well worth the extra in the end.
Hi Tracey,

Allan has been traveling- on both personal and business trips. We have still been negotiating this on on your behalf. We will give you a call on Monday with options. Have a great weekend and we appreciate your patience!

I met with them at DSC. I told the guy about what Tom was working on for me before he left the company. He told me he would look into where things were. I’ve never heard back from them. I sent him an email this week and told him I would find someone else. Seems to me that since Tom left they are suffering,

Well I know I said the last post was my final one, but here is truly the final episode of the saga. As John posted above he did indeed contact me the following Monday, Feb 13th and offered a refund of 1/2 or my storage fees which amounted to $2062.50. I will leave it up to everybody here to decide why they offered me this 1 business day after that post and 6 months after my initial bill was settled and this all started. The check finally arrived on Saturday March 4th so that is why I am now updating this story. Personally I will probably not be doing any further business with Trophy Shippers, but did want to put this story to bed with all the information

With the comments and experiences with Trophy Shippers?….why..why why is anyone utilizing their services. Gluttons for punishment and the old , ,I will show you different. Coppersmith has a record and experience with years of service, but seem to not be a sponsor on this site so do not complain when your sponsor on this site drops the ball and you vent…about poor service, high prices.

With the comments and experiences with Trophy Shippers?….why..why why is anyone utilizing their services. Gluttons for punishment and the old , ,I will show you different. Coppersmith has a record and experience with years of service, but seem to not be a sponsor on this site so do not complain when your sponsor on this site drops the ball and you vent…about poor service, high prices.
At the end of the day, a sponsor on this site is just paying for advertising. There are good ones and bad ones and some good ones that turn unreliable. I have to give AH credit though. They have not restricted comments because they are a sponsor.

At the end of the day, a sponsor on this site is just paying for advertising. There are good ones and bad ones and some good ones that turn unreliable. I have to give AH credit though. They have not restricted comments because they are a sponsor.
Yea, I had been planning on using Trophy Shippers to bring in some trophies that will be ready soon. I had talked to Tom.

At this point I am not sure I want to get involved with them.

Anybody know another firm that does import/customs clearance into Chicago?

Is this them?

Anybody know another firm that does import/customs clearance into Chicago?

I believe that Safari Specialty Importers has a office in Chicago.

I believe that Safari Specialty Importers has a office in Chicago.
Cool. I will talk to them as well as Coppersmiths

I like working with people that bring the crate into Ohare. I am 3 hours from there and can go pick it up with my truck.

Thanks

Be cautious too. Coppersmith gave me a quote, knowing in advance that I had a warthog in the crate. The final bill came out to be $1400 over their quote due to storage fees at the airline warehouse, and higher truck delivery rate, because the crate was picked up at the airport vs. their warehouse, and other fees I don't remember. At the end of the day, I was stuck with the additional$1400 fee, and all Coppersmith could do was to give me a $100 discount. They don't care about you or me, all they care about is their wallets. Very upsetting.

Hi everyone, we also appreciate the honest feedback.

Specifically for Mr.Colson's shipment, the original documents which are needed for a US-FWS release, (one of three government entitles involved in these clearances) were incorrectly put inside of the crate, vs attached/sent separate.

We can't authorize opening someone's freight/crate nor were we aware the docs were on the inside.

After several attempts at trying to locate the docs, between the airlines, the courier and the exporter, we finally got the approval to search inside for the required clearance docs . Regardless, we understand that is not Mr. Colson's fault, thus us reimbursing and splitting the storage cost.

We appreciate the feedback, and again have made changes as a company to combat some of the shortcomings we were dealing with last year. We acknowledge some of the customers caught in the transition and have been doing our best to right the wrongs during the transition, and again appreciate the feedback.

I believe that Safari Specialty Importers has an office in Chicago.
I believe they do everything out of NYC but I could be mistaken. I used Wyatt on my 2022 Namibia Shipment and everything went very smooth and through NYC. I believe they have a warehouse right by JFK.

I actually poke to @gizmo today and got all of the poses picked out as well as a deposit on the books. I’m planning on using Wyatt for my 2023 Safari. There’s been a lot more communication from him, than I got from Trophy Shippers (even when Tom was there).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniata1951

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross