Toyota 70 series

bluey
live 2 1/2 hrs north east of melbourne. Very touristy and thus the high fuel price. I am fishing in South Australia and diesel here $ 1.48 lt

is it blowing in south aus, I just got the hiding of the year last night .
had to pull the pin and punch home , just knocking off now , and getting to go for walk into the breeze .
first stalk since I came home from from Africa , at the start of September .

silly bugger !
Even I can read maps ,{sometimes } blowing a bloody gale here .
Was NW 40 -50 .
Slowly swing to the south .
Snow forecast for the high country .
Brrrrrr .

Today looks like it's going to be a ripper day at Port Hughes so with a little luck it's king george whiting time. Yum.

HA ,so was I ,sat here for ten minutes but nothing smart came .

HA ,so was I ,sat here for ten minutes but nothing smart came .

Standing on your heads is causing too much blood to pool in your brain. Turn over, let the blood drain off and something witty will come pretty quick.:D

Ya killing me, I was going to try and keep it simple for you guys but even us from Oz are not able to do that...lol

Ya killing me, I was going to try and keep it simple for you guys but even us from Oz are not able to do that...lol
I see our rugby team beat America 74 to 6 yesterday standing on there heads . Cant be to bad ?

I see our rugby team beat America 74 to 6 yesterday standing on there heads . Cant be to bad ?

I don't think we even know how to spell rubgy.........but any score like that is pretty embarrassing.........impressive for guys walking on their hands.(y)

the vanks did pretty good really , i thought the score would be bigger , 60,000 crowd tuned up .

in Today looks like it's going to be a ripper day at Port Hughes so with a little luck it's king george whiting time. Yum.
I thought this site had a translator built in???? This looks like english but I'm not sure !!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really sure why you guys from the US would even want a Landcruiser considering that they are pretty ordinary compared to some of the trucks you have in US.

As a 23 year Land Cruiser veteran, I can tell you why I own them.

I can tear down the entire vehicle with a small handful of wrenches, and fix most anything that is likely to need fixing (not much!) myself with only a very few inexpensive special tools needed. I can completely service/re-build the front knuckles from the axle seal outward, sitting under a tree, with the tools most guys have in their garage (excepting the spindle nut socket and the snap-ring pliars, both cheap). No, I don't use a hammer and chisel on the spindle nuts!

They are made to be maintained/repaired in the third-world. And, they are worth repairing.

Can't say that about very many vehicles.

I own two 80 series now, and seriously thinking about adding a third as a spare just in case one gets stolen or wrecked. Good ones are getting harder to find...the newest 80 series is a '97, so they are getting long in the tooth! Mine are '93 and '95. Have also had '91 and '97, as well as a '79 FJ-40.

Tim

As a 23 year Land Cruiser veteran, I can tell you why I own them.

I can tear down the entire vehicle with a small handful of wrenches, and fix most anything that is likely to need fixing (not much!) myself with only a very few inexpensive special tools needed. I can completely service/re-build the front knuckles from the axle seal outward, sitting under a tree, with the tools most guys have in their garage (excepting the spindle nut socket and the snap-ring pliars, both cheap). No, I don't use a hammer and chisel on the spindle nuts!

They are made to be maintained/repaired in the third-world. And, they are worth repairing.

Can't say that about very many vehicles.

I own two 80 series now, and seriously thinking about adding a third as a spare just in case one gets stolen or wrecked. Good ones are getting harder to find...the newest 80 series is a '97, so they are getting long in the tooth! Mine are '93 and '95. Have also had '91 and '97, as well as a '79 FJ-40.

Tim

This is exactly why they are favoured out here.
We have been running a troop carrier that we bought second hand for our operations in the bush. this vehicle has not seen town (or a tar road) in 15 years. Its still going, there are "routine" repairs that are needed from spending pretty much its entire life in the sticks, bearing in mind these roads your average speed if you're in a hurry is about 40km/h

My dad drives a 2005 troop carrier, he runs the bad roads quite often and so far the sum total of his repair work has been 1 set of brake pads and a month ago he changed the suspension rubbers - just in case -
i'm driving a hilux, 4 years old, ive done half the mileage he has done in his cruiser, and i have changed suspension rubbers once already.
off road in the dirt and mud does not suit the newer cars.

you would be wise to pick up another 80 series if you can

i'm driving a hilux, 4 years old, ive done half the mileage he has done in his cruiser, and i have changed suspension rubbers once already.

and this has nothing to do with the hyper velocity you pedal that hilux along at:eek:?????;):D

no , of course not
did you catch any whiting ?
what about the mulloway?
did you buy any fuel ?
for your landcruiser/hilux?
on the way to watch the kiwis ,kick the yanks ass at rugby?

No, did not go out 25 knots wind, bay looks like a washing machine. Kicked back and had a few beers. Today the wind is crap again, so will visit friends in Maitland and then go and get some fresh oysters in Port Vincent to pig out on tonight. Hmmmm, oysters & beer, all 4 food groups.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OlivaLondo

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!