Tipping Guide

Discussion in 'Safari Planning Guide' started by AfricaHunting.com, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Nick Ziegler

Nick Ziegler New Member

I have hunted with guys that have guided myself as there first and only successful mountain goat Hunter who were just getting started in the guide business (I was a bit nervous about that at the start of the hunt but he turned out to be an awesome guy who got me on a 9 inch Billy on day 1 at 100yds for a kill.. .still talk to him often and consider him a good friend) all the way up to a guide / outfitter who does his own guiding and has no assistant guides. I treat all the same as far as tipping goes. If I get good service they get a good tip. So far I have never had a bad encounter on more than my share of hunts. That said my wife and I are taking our first safari in May with Limcroma. No idea who our PH is but if he performs well he will be tipped well. Doesn't matter if it's the owner or the newest PH they have. I like to leave feeling everyone is happy. You never know when you may hunt with them down the road.

Limcroma Safaris and LiegeRiver like this.

2. Norway

Norway New Member

Member of:
    SCI
    Is the main article still a good thing to use when tipping, or should I rise the bar ? Looks like the main article is 10 years old !

3. BRICKBURN

BRICKBURN AH ENABLER SUPER MODERATOR CONTRIBUTOR LIFETIME TITANIUM BENEFACTOR AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico
    This is an ongoing thread that has been added to for the entire lifespan. Jump in right here.

Norway likes this.

4. RBurg44

RBurg44 AH Veteran

Video/Photo:
    Simple answer is yes jerromes original post is still a great guide and ur good to go if u use that.

5. JPbowhunter

JPbowhunter AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Australia, New Zealand
    I'd say America specifically, we have no tipping culture here and I have never ran into it in any other western country I've visited.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2019
    jeff likes this.