Zimbabwe, South Africa, Tanzania
@Tokoloshe Safaris
You forgot:
Muzzle brakes
Politics (read left wing)
Long range hunting
Well done meat
And wearing nylons or no nylons for DG.
(This last one might just be an amalgamation of the “On a Lighter Note” thread)
NYLONS!

TOBY458

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
I always enjoy watching how passionate people get over a few names.

1. .458 Winchester
2. Mark Sullivan
3. Art Alpins
4. R8 Blaser
5. Courtney Boots
6. Peter Capstick has now been replaced with Craig Boddington

Everyone is welcome to add to this list.

Lon
Art Alpins and I are planning a Safari with Mark Sullivan and Craig Boddington. We will both be using Blaser R8 rifles in 458 Win Mag. I plan to wear my Courtneys, and bring along a couple of Capstick books for entertainment around camp. Did that cover all the bases? Hahaha!

Last edited:

Tokoloshe Safaris

Sponsor
Since 2017
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Website
www.tokoloshesafaris.com
Media
Articles
Member of
Life Member Safari International
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Tanzania
Art Alpins and I are planning a Safari with Mark Sullivan and Craig Boddington. We will both be using Blaser R8 rifles in 458 Win Mag. I plan to wear my Courtneys, and bring along a couple of Capstick books for entertainment around camp. Did that cover all the bases? Hahaha!
Hi Toby,

Thank you, My wife stopped washing her 2007 Polaris Ranger and came in the house to see why I was laughing so hard (you know how women are they just cannot stand to see a man enjoy himself that is why they close their eyes). Seriously I needed that laugh today!

Seriously every one of those names (except maybe one) have contributed to our great love "hunting Africa!

TOBY458

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hi Toby,

Thank you, My wife stopped washing her 2007 Polaris Ranger and came in the house to see why I was laughing so hard (you know how women are they just cannot stand to see a man enjoy himself that is why they close their eyes). Seriously I needed that laugh today!

Seriously every one of those names (except maybe one) have contributed to our great love "hunting Africa!
Glad to be of assistance! Now go tell her to mind her business and get back to washing that Ranger!!! Hahaha!

jeanes

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Member of
TSRA Life Member, NRA
Hunted
Texas, Colorado, South Dakota
Will you eat eggs on your safari and do you need some recipes?

Nyati

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
RFEC, RFETO
Hunted
Spain, Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West, Northern Cape, Free State ).

You´ll be hunting white lions of course :ROFLMAO:

Forrest Halley

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
And to him it was money. You'll only push for your way so much when someone's pushing a paycheck at you.
I'm that kind of stupid where my name means something. LAW safety, NECG sights, a nice bluing job, adjustable trigger set at 2#, figured walnut stock just doesn't seem too much to ask if you're going to pay north of $2k.

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.takerireservezambia.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england
I think both these threads have given people ample opportunity to have had their say....me I think the message was put over in adequate amounts....and I must say I much preferred it when we changed it to eggs....as I think that showed point made enough is enough....so as they are both on the internet for ...who knows when it will be taken down these days....posterity... how about either moving on ...or sticking to eggs....because it really has become one of the monotonous boring threads on here....:E Shrug::D Beers:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerH

Latest profile posts

RicardoT wrote on Jan007's profile.
Hallo , ek stel belang as die 375 steeds beskikbaar is 083 511 9921
Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?
uplander01 wrote on colorado's profile.
Heard you may have load data for the 500 Jeffery,.....any info would be appreciated. Was thinking 535gr, but already had a response that the 570gr would be a better way to go, not sure why.