The Largest Man Eating Panther I Had Ever Shot

Major Khan

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
In my last few articles on this forum , l have provided reminiscences of my career as a professional shikaree in Nagpur , India revolving around 2 royal Bengal tigers ( one shot by myself and one shot by a client ) , a gaur ( shot by both myself and a close friend after a 10 minute long struggle ) and my old Belgian shot gun .
Tonight , l want to provide the members of this marvellous forum with a story involving a man eating panther . The largest man eating panther which l had ever shot .

A few words are necessary before we begin . What we refer to , as a "panther " is identical to the African leopard ( with only a difference in weight ) .
Indeed , while we in Nagpur and South India used to refer to these large cats as " panthers " , our fellow Indians in West Bengal ( such as Darjeeling , where my good friend and fellow professional shikaree and forum member , Sergeant Kawshik Rahman was based ) used to refer to these same creatures as " hunting leopards " .
The Indian panther is heavy and these brutes can weigh up to 200 pounds easily . Normally a sour encounter with a panther is unlikely to result in a fatality for a human being . If a human crosses paths with a normal , unwounded panther and the panther attacks the human being , then it will normally attack like this : It will lunge at the human being and upon getting them on the ground , will proceed to give the person a short series of scratches with it's claws and perhaps a bite or 2 or 3 or 4 at most . You will end up looking as if someone has driven a lawn mower over you . As horrifying as that is , the chances of a fatality are about 1 in 15 . There are 2 exceptions to this , however :
The 1st exception is when a miserable victim of fate crosses paths with a wounded panther .
These brutes will be far more ill tempered than an unwounded panther and the chances of a fatality are about 8 in 15 .
The 2nd exception is when the panther in question , happens to be a man eater . In such a case , a fatality is absolutely guaranteed .
Why does a panther turn into a man - eater ? There are a few reasons which l have personally rooted out based on the number of man eating panthers which I have shot . The reasons which l know of , are as follows :
1. A panther may be wounded by a hunter ( or poacher's ) poorly placed bullet .
2. A panther may be be injured by some other other animal , such as getting porcupine quills stuck in it's body or getting wounded by the tusks of a wild boar or the horns of a gaur .
3. The brute may get weakened with age and become too incapable of hunting wild game . Therefore , they choose to go after man , whom they perceive as easier prey than , for example , a cheetal deer .
4) Human corpses may have been left around the areas where a panther or 2 happens to be roaming , and by chance , the panther happens to acquire the taste for human flesh .
5) This may be perceived as rather hard to believe by many people , but there have actually been quite a few instances of mother panthers teaching their cubs to become man eaters and instilling the habit into them from a very young age. Call it " indoctrination" if you will .

1 thing is for certain , however . Once , the panther does taste human flesh even once , he becomes addicted to it and will prefer it to the flesh of any other animal . I know not why we taste so good to the panther , although l once read a book written by a gentleman forced to partake in cannibalism , who compared the flesh of man to veal . What a macabre comparison .

A good friend of mine , Dr. Khayrul Amin proposed a theory to me once why man eating panthers are so common in India , as opposed to Africa , where the man eating panther ( referred to , as a " leopard " in Africa )
is comparatively rare . The theory is as follows :
In India , roughly 60 to 70 % of the population are unfortunately vegetarian . As such , the heat signatures of these people are different from those who eat meat . It may entirely be possible that leopards can sense the heat signatures of other animals . When they sense the heat signatures of these people , they associate them with the herbivorous animals which they normally eat ( such as cheetal deer or 4 horned buck ) .
In order to reinforce this theory , the good Doctor gave me a book named " The man eaters of Tsavo " written by 1 Colonel Patterson . The book revolves around 2 man eating lions in Africa which were terrorizing rail road workers in the early 1900s. The Doctor showed me that the rail road workers were all brought over from India ( and were all predominantly vegetarian) and that the lions did not actually start molesting humans until the Indian workers started working on the rail road tracks . I do not know how sound the Doctor's theory is , as l am not a Doctor myself . However , his theory certainly does seem rather well thought out and reasonable to me .

In my life , l have killed 20 panthers , 13 of whom are man eaters . Out of these 13 man eaters , 5 had old bullet marks in their body or signs of being previously maimed by traps when l had post mortems done on their corpses , while 4 had marks in their bodies , indicative of being injured by some other animal or the thorns of plants .

While l killed a dozen royal Bengal tigers ( 7 of which were man eaters) , during my career as a professional shikaree , l personally do not consider them feats , because out of those 12 tigers , 11 of them were already shot and badly wounded by clients or other shikarees before l merely finished them off after following them into the thickets .
I feel more inclined to regale my readers with the tales of me hunting those 20 panthers , because those were uninjured panthers which l had killed all by myself ( although , l still had plenty of assistance in other ways from my dear friends and colleagues ).
Today , l will relate a story to you all about the largest man eating panther which I have ever hunted .
I will lay out the entire story in the next 3 posts .
Below , is a photograph kindly provided to me , by Sergeant Kawshik Rahman . It is of a panther which he and his client , Don Fernando Delgado
( Whom l also had the pleasure of guiding ) had shot in 1970 in Darjeeling . I have provided the photograph for reference purposes as l do not wish to provide the photograph of the panther which l had shot until the climax of this article .
Screenshot_20191018-001109_01_01.png

In my last few articles on this forum , l have provided reminiscences of my career as a professional shikaree in Nagpur , India revolving around 2 royal Bengal tigers ( one shot by myself and one shot by a client ) , a gaur ( shot by both myself and a close friend after a 10 minute long struggle ) and my old Belgian shot gun .
Tonight , l want to provide the members of this marvellous forum with a story involving a man eating panther . The largest man eating panther which l had ever shot .

A few words are necessary before we begin . What we refer to , as a "panther " is identical to the African leopard ( with only a difference in weight ) .
Indeed , while we in Nagpur and South India used to refer to these large cats as " panthers " , our fellow Indians in West Bengal ( such as Darjeeling , where my good friend and fellow professional shikaree and forum member , Sergeant Kawshik Rahman was based ) used to refer to these same creatures as " hunting leopards " .
The Indian panther is heavy and these brutes can weigh up to 200 pounds easily . Normally a sour encounter with a panther is unlikely to result in a fatality for a human being . If a human crosses paths with a normal , unwounded panther and the panther attacks the human being , then it will normally attack like this : It will lunge at the human being and upon getting them on the ground , will proceed to give the person a short series of scratches with it's claws and perhaps a bite or 2 or 3 or 4 at most . You will end up looking as if someone has driven a lawn mower over you . As horrifying as that is , the chances of a fatality are about 1 in 15 . There are 2 exceptions to this , however :
The 1st exception is when a miserable victim of fate crosses paths with a wounded panther .
These brutes will be far more ill tempered than an unwounded panther and the chances of a fatality are about 8 in 15 .
The 2nd exception is when the panther in question , happens to be a man eater . In such a case , a fatality is absolutely guaranteed .
Why does a panther turn into a man - eater ? There are a few reasons which l have personally rooted out based on the number of man eating panthers which I have shot . The reasons which l know of , are as follows :
1. A panther may be wounded by a hunter ( or poacher's ) poorly placed bullet .
2. A panther may be be injured by some other other animal , such as getting porcupine quills stuck in it's body or getting wounded by the tusks of a wild boar or the horns of a gaur .
3. The brute may get weakened with age and become too incapable of hunting wild game . Therefore , they choose to go after man , whom they perceive as easier prey than , for example , a cheetal deer .
4) Human corpses may have been left around the areas where a panther or 2 happens to be roaming , and by chance , the panther happens to acquire the taste for human flesh .
5) This may be perceived as rather hard to believe by many people , but there have actually been quite a few instances of mother panthers teaching their cubs to become man eaters and instilling the habit into them from a very young age. Call it " indoctrination" if you will .

1 thing is for certain , however . Once , the panther does taste human flesh even once , he becomes addicted to it and will prefer it to the flesh of any other animal . I know not why we taste so good to the panther , although l once read a book written by a gentleman forced to partake in cannibalism , who compared the flesh of man to veal . What a macabre comparison .

A good friend of mine , Dr. Khayrul Amin proposed a theory to me once why man eating panthers are so common in India , as opposed to Africa , where the man eating panther ( referred to , as a " leopard " in Africa )
is comparatively rare . The theory is as follows :
In India , roughly 60 to 70 % of the population are unfortunately vegetarian . As such , the heat signatures of these people are different from those who eat meat . It may entirely be possible that leopards can sense the heat signatures of other animals . When they sense the heat signatures of these people , they associate them with the herbivorous animals which they normally eat ( such as cheetal deer or 4 horned buck ) .
In order to reinforce this theory , the good Doctor gave me a book named " The man eaters of Tsavo " written by 1 Colonel Patterson . The book revolves around 2 man eating lions in Africa which were terrorizing rail road workers in the early 1900s. The Doctor showed me that the rail road workers were all brought over from India ( and were all predominantly vegetarian) and that the lions did not actually start molesting humans until the Indian workers started working on the rail road tracks . I do not know how sound the Doctor's theory is , as l am not a Doctor myself . However , his theory certainly does seem rather well thought out and reasonable to me .

In my life , l have killed 20 panthers , 13 of whom are man eaters . Out of these 13 man eaters , 5 had old bullet marks in their body or signs of being previously maimed by traps when l had post mortems done on their corpses , while 4 had marks in their bodies , indicative of being injured by some other animal or the thorns of plants .

While l killed a dozen royal Bengal tigers ( 7 of which were man eaters) , during my career as a professional shikaree , l personally do not consider them feats , because out of those 12 tigers , 11 of them were already shot and badly wounded by clients or other shikarees before l merely finished them off after following them into the thickets .
I feel more inclined to regale my readers with the tales of me hunting those 20 panthers , because those were uninjured panthers which l had killed all by myself ( although , l still had plenty of assistance in other ways from my dear friends and colleagues ).
Today , l will relate a story to you all about the largest man eating panther which I have ever hunted .
I will lay out the entire story in the next 3 posts .
Below , is a photograph kindly provided to me , by Sergeant Kawshik Rahman . It is of a panther which he and his client , Don Fernando Delgado
( Whom l also had the pleasure of guiding ) had shot in 1970 in Darjeeling . I have provided the photograph for reference purposes as l do not wish to provide the photograph of the panther which l had shot until the climax of this article .
View attachment 317379
Major Khan,
What rifles and calibers did you hunt these panthers with? Just curious?
Thanks!
CEH

Thanks for sharing!

In the summer of 1966 , in the west of Nagpur , the corpses were piling up . 3 people were found , mauled to death and the wound patterns on the bodies of the hapless victims were consistent with those of a very large panther . In each of the cases , the corpses were missing flesh from their buttocks , which was the unmistakable sign that these wretched villagers had fun afoul of not just any panther , but a man eater . The government of Nagpur declared it a threat and thus , no license was required to take this brute out .

I remember first receiving the news of this animal on the radio in my family home , while preparing my maternal grandfather and myself some breakfast of toasted and buttered bread , beef sausages ( imported from Germany and available in tins back in those days ) and poached eggs with mango juice and milk tea to drink .
Below , is a photograph taken by myself of my family home which l have not seen since 1971.
Screenshot_20191201-050632_01_01.png

What particularly appealed to me was the 300 Rupee reward fee that would be given to the person who put an end to this devilish cat . The motives were admittedly not the most altruistic , but l cannot write a story about myself , painting myself to be anything more than l really was . I was largely indifferent about most people , except those who meant something to me... those who had treated me kindly ( for those people , l could happily give my life , if need be . )

I decided to go to the site where the brute's latest victim was found , a little boy of about 5 or 6 years of age . Seeing the mauled corpse of a sweet and innocent child ( who could have had a whole life ahead of him ) and his mother nearby , who was crying herself senseless , bothered me greatly for some reason , no matter how indifferent l was trying to act , at the scene .
My best friend and fellow professional shikaree , the American Tobin Stakkatz was also present at the scene , having come to see all the ruckus . Tobin was always a far more selfless human being than l and he was full of empathy for every other human being , regardless of race , religion or gender .
In a previous article , l had mentioned that Tobin shot 40 panthers in his free time , 10 of which were man eaters and 14 of which were killing live stock .
What l did not mention was that , out of those 14 killers of domestic animals , Tobin had killed all 14 of them for free , without accepting any payment from the poor farmers , other than being able to claim the panther's skin . This is just 1 of many examples of what a selfless human being Tobin Stakkatz was .
( I killed 4 live stock killing panthers as well , but l always would accept the farmer's gifts of a chicken or a goat or bags of potatoes or wheat , when they would offer me . ) However , let us not stray too far from the subject of this story .

Tobin told me " Poton , someone needs to stop this thing , before more kids are killed " . I nodded , saying " Let's try our luck "

We knew that we would need bait of some sort and so we began to ask the local rakhaals ( farmers ) if they would be willing to sell us a goat . Naturally , the farmers were more than willing to do everything to co operate with professional shikarees who were trying to put an end to a man eater ( especially , considering that this man eater's very first victim was a farmer ) . We successfully purchased an old she goat which had stopped giving milk , for 2 Rupees . Our choice was so , because these goats were the cheapest kinds available , as they were no longer capable of giving milk and their meat was very tough .

In the next part of this article , l will detail how we killed this man eater , as well as provide a photograph of this brute .

We hired one of our elderly Shawtaal trackers , named Mintu to help us track the panther . While , most of the Shawtaal tribal hill people were incompetent drunkards by now , a few such as Mintu were still highly vigilant and competent in the art of tracking .

Below , l have provided a photograph taken by myself of our Shawtaal trackers . However , they were not the trackers whom we used for that task .
Screenshot_20191201-063825_01_02.png

The trackers were able to use the locations of where the 3 corpses were found , to get a rough idea of the general area where the panther was roaming . Then , they proceeded to follow the panther's spoor , until we were right in the centre of the grid , near a small pond . It was here that we decided to make preparations for baiting and slaying that panther . There , to assist us was my trusted servant boy , Ponual .

Tobin had with him , his .423 Mauser bolt rifle made by Fabrique Nationale in Belgium .This rifle held 4 cartridges in the magazine . The metal covered bullets weighed 347 grains and in Tobin's hands , the weapon was absolutely lethal for Panthers and wild boars . In the breast pocket of his shirt , Tobin kept 4 extra cartridges .

I had with me , my " Magnum 12 Bore DBBL made in Belgium " , which was a Belgian double barrel side by side shot gun of 12 calibre , which had 3 inch chambers , extractors and 28 inch long barrels . The left barrel was a full choke , while the right was a modified choke .

Below , l have provided a photograph taken by myself last year of my old gun .

FB_IMG_1575727193927.jpg

For mammals , my favored cartridge to use , was the Eley Alphamax Lethal Ball cartridge ( of 2.75 inches length ) , and for this panther l had decided that it was going to be no different .

Below , is a photograph l have taken from the internet of a Lethal Ball projectile when removed from the cartridge .
Screenshot_20191208-062004_01.png

I had a waist belt made from goat skin which held 24 more Lethal Ball cartridges , along with the 2 which were already in side the shot gun .

We tied the goat to an old Banyan tree and then then checked everything . We were wearing dark clothes , which had been soaked in Kerosene for 1 hour.
Our guns were ready and all that was left to do , was dig a hole in the ground and wait . Within an hour , the 3 of us ( Tobin , Ponual and l ) successfully dug a proper hole in the ground , using an axe which l had made Ponual bring , and a shovel which Tobin kept in the back of his jeep.

We then sent Ponual to the top of the Banyan tree with a pair of binoculars , while Tobin and l made some final preparations . I had a roll of masking tape in the breast pocket of my shirt and Tobin cut a long piece of masking tape for me
, using his Buck 110 lock blade folding knife , which had a very sharp clip point blade , made from 440C stainless steel
( That knife held an edge long enough to skin 2 sambhur deer consecutively , but the blade's steel was so hard , that it used to be very difficult to sharpen using local stones . That is why l always preferred to carry an English Sheffield clasp knife with a carbon steel blade , as these could easily take a razor sharp edge , by sharpening them on any local stone , by hand ) .

I used the masking tape to secure a small torch light ( called a pencil torch light , in those days ) to the fore end of my shotgun . Tobin also used a strip of the same masking tape to secure another pencil torch light to the barrel of his FN .423 Mauser bolt rifle.
The minute Ponual would see the Panther , he would immediately signal Tobin and me , by pulling a string which was connected to an empty bottle of beer lying in the hole , where Tobin and l were hiding . By seeing the beer bottle getting pulled , we would be alerted of the panther drawing closer.

We had taken a very big gamble by using a goat as a form of bait , to entice a man eater . However , we had rationalized that since the panther had only killed 3 human beings until now , it had not completely abandoned animal flesh just yet , in favor of human flesh .
The sun had set and we began to wait for the panther to come , tempted by the possibility of fresh goat meat .
8 hours , we waited in that filthy hole . If Tobin fell asleep , l would wake him up and if l fell asleep , Tobin would wake me up . We both had to remain awake and vigilant . At around 3 AM , the beer bottle started to move . It was Ponual signalling us . We immediately got alert and stuck the top of our heads out , very carefully . We did not see the panther at first , in the darkness , but we were directly looking at the goat , because we COULD see the goat's outline and we knew that the panther would be slowly closing in , on the goat . The goat started bleating again and again , which was a tell tale sign that it too , could sense the panther's presence . By now , we could see it too . It was coming towards the goat and in our direction , because we had dug out hole , right about 13 feet away from where the goat was . I readied my Belgian shot gun.
Tobin readied his FN .423 Mauser as well . The shikaree who was afforded the best shot , was to take it .
I could see the front of the brute's head advancing menacingly towards the goat and l adjusted my shot gun , aiming between the eyes .

Below , l have used a simple marking feature on my Android phone , to help you all understand how far that panther was , from us . The red X on my sofa would be about where the goat was.
FB_IMG_1575727185272_01.jpg

At a distance of 7 metres , l fired my right barrel . That 1 ounce Lethal Ball bullet went right through the brute's eye and fragmented inside the brute's head .
The creature just dropped . No movement anymore . Blood and brains were oozing out of it's head . The damage a 16 calibre Lethal Ball bullet can do once it fragments inside the skull of a panther cannot be described by words .

We immediately called the Ponual and the 3 of us managed to load the carcass of the panther onto Tobin's jeep . When we got it to the village , the villagers rejoiced that the devilish panther was dead . It was hung by a rope while l took a photograph with my camera .
I have provided the photograph below , to illustrate the size of the brute .
He was the heaviest panther which l had ever shot , weighing just above a full 200 pounds , even.
Screenshot_20191208-071341_01_01_01_01_01_01.png

In the next and final part of this article , l will share some reflections of this most successful shikar.

Last edited:
When doing a post mortem of the brute , we found that it had been injured in the paw of 1 of the hind legs , by the quills of a shojjaru ( Indian porcupine ) .
Below , is a photograph l had taken of Tobin holding up the dead brute's injured paw .
Screenshot_20191201-080523_01_01_01.png

No doubt , this had prevented it from hunting normal wild animals and thus it had started to prey on man . Judging by the nature and state of the wound , we speculated that the panther had run afoul of the porcupine less than 10 days previously .

I hope that this article was enjoyed by all . I have also provided an example , through this article of the text book method used in India , in those days to hunt panthers .

PS : If any of my readers on this forum works in the firearms industry , please reintroduce the Lethal Ball cartridge for shot guns again . It was absolutely devastating for panthers at close range and they never let me down when l used them extensively from 1965 onwards ( and exclusively for any mammal larger than a mouse deer ) .

That is awful close. Very little margin for error. Great shot and a large leopard. Thanks for sharing.
Bruce

Great story. It takes courage, at close range! congratulatins, sir.

Major Khan,
That must have been exciting, but I’m not sure my nerves could take a man eating leopard at 7 yards.
Thanks for the stories.
Thank you for liking the story , Master Smith . It must be remembered that this was not the first panther l had shot . I had already been shooting panthers since 1965 , and so l had some experience by then , with shooting panthers . This was my 6th panther . I am fully confident that you could do it , as well . Although , l would recommend that you use your Winchester Model 70 ( .375 Holland and Holland magnum calibre ) loaded with Winchester Silvertip soft nosed cartridges , and stay in a tree or a macchan and not on ground level .

If any of my readers on this forum works in the firearms industry , please reintroduce the Lethal Ball cartridge for shot guns again .

Major Khan,
Have you tried hunting big game with any other type of slug?
If there is no one type, industry certainly provide others?
Classic Brenneke slug is also very effective, at least on boars.

That is awful close. Very little margin for error. Great shot and a large leopard. Thanks for sharing.
Bruce
Thank you , Bruce for enjoying my article . Back in those days , this was actually my standard method of hunting panthers .
Step 1 : Use your trackers to narrow down the general area .
Step 2 : Tie a goat to a tree .
Step 3 : Dig a hole in the ground and wait inside the hole , with my Belgian shot gun , loaded with Eley Alphamax Lethal Ball cartridges , after covering the hole with green tarpoulin cloth.
Step 4 : when the panther comes near the goat , shoot it between the eyes the moment the beam from your pencil torch light falls on it's head with a Lethal Ball cartridge , but hold your fire until you are absolutely guaranteed not to miss .

In my early days of shooting panthers ( 1965) , l used to stay in a tree as an added precaution , instead of a hole in the ground . I would also let the panther start attacking the goat , so that it would stay distracted long enough for me to shoot it . However , as l got more experienced , l started using a hole in the ground and firing my shot , even before the panther could touch the goat .

Major Khan,
Have you tried hunting big game with any other type of slug?
If there is no one type, industry certainly provide others?
Classic Brenneke slug is also very effective, at least on boars.
Dear Mr. Hunter,
My good friend , the dearly deceased Tobin Stakkatz gifted me this semi automatic 12 calibre German shot gun .
IMG_20191207_175514.jpg

It has 3 inch chambers and Wischo choke tubes . Brenekke Black Magic slugs are imported into Bangladesh and l own many boxes of cartridges . While l barely use that semi automatic 12 calibre shot gun ( preferring my Belgian double barreled shot gun , with which l do 98 % of all my hunting ) ,
I wholeheartedly agree with you , based on the animals which l have shot with Brenekke Black Magic Slugs fired from that German semi automatic shot gun . Nothing hammers a sambhur deer or an Asian sloth bear or a bush boar , like a Brenekke Black Magic slug.
However , l have not tried them in my old Belgian shot gun out of fear of damaging the gun even though my gun has 3 inch chambers . Do you think it would be safe ?
I really like the Lethal Ball cartridge , as l have a sentimental attachment to it. I killed 20 panthers , 13 Gaurs , 5 bears and countless deer ( of all species available in India ) and boars with these cartridges .
They were extremely effective .
I will show you why .
Screenshot_20191208-062004_01.png

Upon penetrating into the animal's vital organs , it would split into 8 parts inside the animal and the amount of damage it used to cause was immense .

Today , l have a local " sheesha kamar " ( lead worker ) in Bangladesh , make me hand made Lethal Ball bullets to my own specifications , which l load into my own cartridges and use in my Belgian shot gun . They work extremely well at close range for deer ( even the largest sambhur deer) , bears and wild boars . However , it is so labor intensive that he only makes me 10 of them a month . I would love to have them commercially available , once again.

I would not fire a brennekke slug out of your Belgium made double!

I would not fire a brennekke slug out of your Belgium made double!
Thank heavens that l never tried it , WAB . I would have damaged one of my most valuable earthly possessions.

Poton, I think it is the chokes on your double that might have a problem with the Brenneke slugs. Your 3" chambers would handle it just fine. I have an old Ithaca Mod 37 (pump) shotgun with two barrels. The "slug" barrel has a full choke and handles the Brenneke slugs just fine. It should be noted that this barrel was made especially for slugs and may be thicker or made from a higher quality steel. This gun will cloverleaf 3 slugs at 50 yds. Is the company that made your Mercury shotgun still in business? If so perhaps you can contact them and find out what they have to say regarding the use of Brenneke slugs. Another possibility is that there might be another AH member that owns or has experience with Mercury shotguns that can answer this question. Barring an affirmative answer, I think it is best to continue your current practice of using the lethal ball.

Upon penetrating into the animal's vital organs , it would split into 8 parts inside the animal and the amount of damage it used to cause was immense .

Today , l have a local " sheesha kamar " ( lead worker ) in Bangladesh , make me hand made Lethal Ball bullets to my own specifications , which l load into my own cartridges and use in my Belgian shot gun . They work extremely well at close range for deer ( even the largest sambhur deer) , bears and wild boars . However , it is so labor intensive that he only makes me 10 of them a month . I would love to have them commercially available , once again.
Is the lethal ball made out of 8 sections? Or perhaps it is cut so that it will easily split?

The choke can be the biggest problem using slugs. I recall Kawshik Rahman, in at least one if his articles, mentioned cutting off part of a shotgun's barrels, to make it suitable for single ball and large shot - effectively removing the choke part.

edit: I have only ever fired Brenneke style slugs out of a modern semi-auto, with cylinder barrel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg