THE KING

I keep reading replies stating the 404 or 416 Rigby can provide the same attributes as the 375 H&H. This is simply not true. They are both wonderful rounds no doubt! But neither provide the versatility of the KING. Wouldn't you feel a bit silly using a rifle that fires 350-450 grain bullets, with a very healthy dose of recoil, at an Impala at 400 yards? The 375 is not the best rifle for this application either, but it's a huge step in the right direction.
I think if we factor in rifle size and weight, bullet selection, ammo availability, and recoil, we could never put the 404 or 416 in the same class as the 375, when it comes to versatility.

Agreed....

:rolleyes:

That was not the point....never mind...

They where made in more calibers than what you mentioned...
I get your lesson , IvW . Never trust anyone :) It's a good lesson.
I foolishly answered your question in the more literal sense . I rationalized that it is a .375 HH Magnum by looking at the recoil and the Cartridge size when he is working the bolt. Also , lying about a gun caliber on you tube is kinda petty , isn't it ? But I'm sure you have experience with more frauds than l do . :)
I did not know that the ZKK - 602 was made in any caliber other than these three. For reference , l have an old catalog page. Of course , my analysis may be wrong :) Always happy to be corrected .
Screenshot_20190713-234859.png

BTW , Peter Hambrusch will happily build you a Mega Magnum .375 HH Magnum rifle with a 10 shot detachable Magazine :)
I think you're confusing me for a rich man...that magazine alone looks close to three figures a few times over. It would be a nice heavy .375 that would be very soft shooting.

If I need so many shots with the 500 Jeff I will stop hunting......one is enough...
If you need that many shots with a gun so big, something is likely making the decision that you stop doing a lot of things...for you.

I think you're confusing me for a rich man...that magazine alone looks close to three figures a few times over. It would be a nice heavy .375 that would be very soft shooting.

If you need that many shots with a gun so big, something is likely making the decision that you stop doing a lot of things...for you.
Well , if l ever buy one and decide to sell it off , you're Number one on my list :)

Shootist43 , it was only after coming here that lt came to my knowledge that the WINCHESTER MODEL 70 does better than 3 inch groups :( Worn rifling perhaps ? Maybe it's time to get a rebarrelling ? :D

Eliminate the easy stuff first. It’s highly unlikely that a .375 has been shot enough to wear the barrel out.

And as a reference, I have 3 loads that will shoot at or close to 1/2” groups from my M-70 in .375 H&H.

Eliminate the easy stuff first. It’s highly unlikely that a .375 has been shot enough to wear the barrel out.
I don't know , Man. It's belonged to my Great Grand Dad , my Grand Dad and now me. It's seen a lot of Firing since 1939. In my case , this is exemplified , since for many years , l had no other rifle and used only this one , even for the smaller deer species. :( I would estimate more than 1000 rounds have been through it

And as a reference, I have 3 loads that will shoot at or close to 1/2” groups from my M-70 in .375 H&H.
Wab , through mine , l shoot Nosler and Kynoch mostly.
There is something l didn't mention , but l just remembered .
I used to get 1 inch groups with Winchester Silver tips . Only that One type of ammo. Unfortunately , they are discontinued.

I used to get 1 inch groups with Winchester Silver tips .
You might run a patch on a jag to find the twist rate.
From there you can find out what bullet weight works best. Then it's just a matter of playing the the powder game and OAL game. My model 70 loves the PPU factory 300 grain softpoints with the round nose. It doesn't like the Sierra BTSP and does a number on the tips. I have the load dialed in fairly well for my No. 1. I'm hoping to find a load in H4350, but I have pirated the RL-19 load for a 300 gr. Nosler Accubond and substituted a Sierra because it is available locally. Try the Woodleighs and substitute the PPU for practice and hogs if it likes them.

My guess is a free float bed job would do wonders for accuracy. Does it have a screw going through the forend to the barrel recoil lug. That has caused inaccuracy issues with some pre 64 m70s.

Start easy and work up. Give the barrel a good scrub with a decent lead fouling remover. Try a load that closely approximates the old silver tips. Perhaps the Speer soft point? If that doesn’t work I’d go to a re-bed and free float. Still no go, check headspace, throat, crown, etc.. I’m assuming you’ve already checked your bases, rings and scope.

You might run a patch on a jag to find the twist rate.
From there you can find out what bullet weight works best. Then it's just a matter of playing the the powder game and OAL game. My model 70 loves the PPU factory 300 grain softpoints with the round nose. It doesn't like the Sierra BTSP and does a number on the tips. I have the load dialed in fairly well for my No. 1. I'm hoping to find a load in H4350, but I have pirated the RL-19 load for a 300 gr. Nosler Accubond and substituted a Sierra because it is available locally. Try the Woodleighs and substitute the PPU for practice and hogs if it likes them.
As the days go by , Handloading is becoming more and more of an attractive option :( I try to stockpile on Vintage Winchester Silvertips from online sales , whenever l can , FH

My guess is a free float bed job would do wonders for accuracy. Does it have a screw going through the forend to the barrel recoil lug. That has caused inaccuracy issues with some pre 64 m70s.
Wyatt , it does not have cross bolts on it like the new M-70 rifles. It was cross bolted with stove bolts by my Grand dad some time in the 1970s :( . Well , they look like Stove bolts anyway.

Start easy and work up. Give the barrel a good scrub with a decent lead fouling remover. Try a load that closely approximates the old silver tips. Perhaps the Speer soft point? If that doesn’t work I’d go to a re-bed and free float. Still no go, check headspace, throat, crown, etc.. I’m assuming you’ve already checked your bases, rings and scope.
Lucky for me , l have stock piled on as much Vintage Winchester Silvertips as l can find on online auctions. I have 26 rounds still :D Oh , yeah , l maintain all my guns . Bases , rings , Weaver scope , all are in order . Maybe l should rebed it ?

I get your lesson , IvW . Never trust anyone :) It's a good lesson.
I foolishly answered your question in the more literal sense . I rationalized that it is a .375 HH Magnum by looking at the recoil and the Cartridge size when he is working the bolt. Also , lying about a gun caliber on you tube is kinda petty , isn't it ? But I'm sure you have experience with more frauds than l do . :)
I did not know that the ZKK - 602 was made in any caliber other than these three. For reference , l have an old catalog page. Of course , my analysis may be wrong :) Always happy to be corrected .View attachment 305199

If you read it it will tell you "the third type of a new series", meaning two other types were made before, they made other calibers before and after...this pamphlet shows rifle with pop up peep sight. There were also two types of stocks available, straight classic and de Luxe(with hogsback).

375 H&H, 458 WM, 358 NM, 404 Jeff, 300WM, 8x68S etc,,,

I have somewhere all the calibers produced over all the years from Brno on the ZKK602 action I shall look for it and post....

If you read it it will tell you "the third type of a new series", meaning two other types were made before, they made other calibers before and after...this pamphlet shows rifle with pop up peep sight. There were also two types of stocks available, straight classic and de Luxe(with hogsback).

375 H&H, 458 WM, 358 NM, 404 Jeff, 300WM, 8x68S etc,,,

I have somewhere all the calibers produced over all the years from Brno on the ZKK602 action I shall look for it and post....
If they really made .404 Jeffery rifles on the ZKK - 602 action , l suddenly have a new reason to spend more money :(

WAB-What loads are those? I just bought dies to start loading for my Win 70 - .375 H&H. I read a thread awhile back that recommended Barnes 235 TSX with 63 gr of 4064.

Wyatt , it does not have cross bolts on it like the new M-70 rifles. It was cross bolted with stove bolts by my Grand dad some time in the 1970s :( . Well , they look like Stove bolts anyway.
It’s not a cross bolt it will go through the forend vertically and thread into the barrel recoil lug. You have to remove it to separate the barreled action from the stock. It was common on pre 64s but I don’t think the all had it.

WAB-What loads are those? I just bought dies to start loading for my Win 70 - .375 H&H. I read a thread awhile back that recommended Barnes 235 TSX with 63 gr of 4064.

Buy a .338.

The mainstay of the 375 H&H is 270, 300 and 340, 350 grainers...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkdagasv388

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg