The 700 Nitro Express from L'Atelier Verney-Carron

jacques smith

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Phoenix Phil
First off howdy, second I’m glad I’m not the only one who quite often mash’s hell out of my middle finger with a 470 Thought I broke it once, lengthened the LOP about three quarters of an inch to fit me and I’m hopeful this helps
Cheers Jacques

PHOENIX PHIL

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa
Phoenix Phil
First off howdy, second I’m glad I’m not the only one who quite often mash’s hell out of my middle finger with a 470 Thought I broke it once, lengthened the LOP about three quarters of an inch to fit me and I’m hopeful this helps
Cheers Jacques

Fortunately it's not too big of a hit. It's my first double and I'm still working on getting my form down shot to shot. Once in awhile I forget I've got a big boomer in my hands and my grip ever so slightly loosens while I'm concentrating on the open sights. That's when a little punch happens. Added shooting gloves to the routine and that helps when that happens. Not too bad in the end when it does.

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Texas, New Jersey, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, Colorado, South Dakota, Bahamas
The hunt took place in Mozambique Coutada 14. The outfitter was Sebastian Wicker. We shot 14 Buffalos in one week. Such an incredible experience to be hunting with the 700NE. We shot Woodleigh bullets, 1,000gr bullets and 12,000 Joules of energy. As you can see in the video, the recoil is absolutely manageable because of the weigh and balance of the rifle which weighs 20 lbs or 9 kg.
Beautiful gun and congrats on the hunt. As an FYI, Your website is very difficult to navigate and I can’t seem to even remotely get an understanding of your product offering. I sent a couple of messages to the address on there trying to buy a gun but gave up and bought an Italian as there was never a response. Just offering some insight into my experience in hopes it’s beneficial. Keep building those beautiful rifles!

VERNEY-CARRON COLLECTION

Sponsor
Since 2018
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Website
collection.verney-carron.com
Media
Hunting Elephant With Verney-Carron 700 Nitro Express Double Rifle

75de5c55-81d5-40ae-bbaa-322955aee942.JPG
IMG_4744.JPG
IMG_4878.JPG

cal pappas

Contributor
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Wonderful hunt and rifle. I've said for years that if I was to buy a new production double it would be a VC. I know a little bit about doubles and the VC is the best combination of quality and price.
Cal

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KristiO48

Latest profile posts

Matt W wrote on Jody's profile.
Hi Jody,
I have been looking for ideas on the best way to display my European mounts from Africa. I came across some of your shield work and was wondering if you would be willing to make one for me? If so, please let me know the cost. I like the shield with the two spears that you built for a member years ago. Thanks.
cal pappas wrote on Mnelson2's profile.
Nelson. Is this message a PM format. I want to send you my email, but don't know if this is the cirrect way to do it. I'm at <pappas@mtaonline.net> Send me an email with your phone and I will call you about a skull I have. I went to school in Boston and am from Bernardston in the west part of the state. Moved to Alaska in 1984 adn never looked back.
BeeMaa wrote on Justbryan's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. He was a pleasure to do business with.
BeeMaa wrote on 375Fox's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. Was a pleasure to do business with.