The 700 Nitro Express from L'Atelier Verney-Carron

Phoenix Phil
First off howdy, second I’m glad I’m not the only one who quite often mash’s hell out of my middle finger with a 470 Thought I broke it once, lengthened the LOP about three quarters of an inch to fit me and I’m hopeful this helps
Cheers Jacques

Phoenix Phil
First off howdy, second I’m glad I’m not the only one who quite often mash’s hell out of my middle finger with a 470 Thought I broke it once, lengthened the LOP about three quarters of an inch to fit me and I’m hopeful this helps
Cheers Jacques

Fortunately it's not too big of a hit. It's my first double and I'm still working on getting my form down shot to shot. Once in awhile I forget I've got a big boomer in my hands and my grip ever so slightly loosens while I'm concentrating on the open sights. That's when a little punch happens. Added shooting gloves to the routine and that helps when that happens. Not too bad in the end when it does.

The hunt took place in Mozambique Coutada 14. The outfitter was Sebastian Wicker. We shot 14 Buffalos in one week. Such an incredible experience to be hunting with the 700NE. We shot Woodleigh bullets, 1,000gr bullets and 12,000 Joules of energy. As you can see in the video, the recoil is absolutely manageable because of the weigh and balance of the rifle which weighs 20 lbs or 9 kg.
Beautiful gun and congrats on the hunt. As an FYI, Your website is very difficult to navigate and I can’t seem to even remotely get an understanding of your product offering. I sent a couple of messages to the address on there trying to buy a gun but gave up and bought an Italian as there was never a response. Just offering some insight into my experience in hopes it’s beneficial. Keep building those beautiful rifles!

Hunting Elephant With Verney-Carron 700 Nitro Express Double Rifle

75de5c55-81d5-40ae-bbaa-322955aee942.JPG
IMG_4744.JPG
IMG_4878.JPG

Wonderful hunt and rifle. I've said for years that if I was to buy a new production double it would be a VC. I know a little bit about doubles and the VC is the best combination of quality and price.
Cal

If you want to have the biggest stick on the playground, why not just build a bore gun? I've always fancied the idea of building an 8 Bore ML for shits and giggles. I think they are just wonderful..and quit romantic. Those old timers hunting ivory with those monster bore guns. A 1" hole bleeds pretty good. However, that 700 is a beauty for sure.

I think it's a beautiful rifle. I f I was a 6'8" 300 lb NFL lineman it would be the perfect DGR for me. As it is, if I load my 500 Jeffery up to a 570g bullet at 2510 fps. It's just under 8000 ft/lbs in energy and shoots about as flat as a 375 h&H. I think I'm good lol

Beautiful gun. Nice shooting. Wow that thing packs a wallop.

I thought it had a $100k Price tag? With that Chiseled Engraving .. This is a Great Photo, regardless.
1692477235269.png

What is the guarantee on the chamber dimensions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfonzoPal

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!