Tell me about Mr. Paul D. Babaz

Eric Anderson

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
RSA
Specifically, why should I vote for him for NRA board of directors?
Not going into the math of why I don’t use all 27 votes. I only use 5 votes.

So make your case if you know him, or tell me why I should not.

Paul and I first corresponded when he was on the SCI board. The leadership at SCI was considering implementation of what myself and others considered a terrible idea. Of all the officers/directors I emailed Paul was the only one who responded. The idea was ultimately canned with what I hope was help from Paul.
After that we stayed in touch and have met several times.

He is very energetic and seems to be a decent guy. I will vote for him.

I assume all the candidates support the 2nd amendment, other than Paul I not spoke to a single one, so it would be hard to give a reason to vote or not for any of them. Nugent? Any of the several politicians? Marion Hammer?

There are some heavy hitters up for election this year including Oliver North and Allen West.

Paul is a member here also.

He and the CEO of SCI were here last year when he was looking for support to get on the NRA board. I think he's been back here one time since then.

Last edited:
Actually he was involved in the SCI Suggestions thread and the SCI Adopts Policy on Captive Bred Lions thread, both rather controversial topics.

But it has been almost 11 months since he posted.

Well, this is the thing. I am casting my ballot for NRA board, not SCI. So the finer minutia of his work at SCI is not that relevant.
I am looking for what he brings to the table to the NRA, which is a civil rights organization.

Thanks for the replies so far though.

Well, this is the thing. I am casting my ballot for NRA board, not SCI. So the finer minutia of his work at SCI is not that relevant.
I am looking for what he brings to the table to the NRA, which is a civil rights organization.

Thanks for the replies so far though.
I personally think shooters and hunters are going have to unite or they gradually will be destroyed separately. It is more than a little bit of fresh air that SCI finally has leadership that gets that, and their president is eager to join forces with the NRA - to include serving on the board. I know him a bit and I am strongly supportive of him. And for whatever it is worth, I am a Patriot Life Benefactor member of the NRA. I should note that his willingness to serve on the board has raised the ire of some old school SCI members who would just as soon not sully their hands supporting the NRA. I think all of us should try to get beyond too narrow a definition of supporting our sport and the right to bear arms.

Last edited:
I personally think shooters and hunters are going have to unite or they gradually will be destroyed separately. It is more than a little bit of fresh air that SCI finally has leadership that gets that, and their president is eager to join forces with the NRA - to include serving on the board. I know him a bit and I am strongly supportive of him. And for whatever it is worth, I am a Patron Life member of the NRA. I should note that his willingness to serve on the board has raised the ire of some old school SCI members who would just as soon not sully their hands supporting the NRA. I think all of us should try to get beyond too narrow a definition of supporting our sport and the right to bear arms.
I think I didn’t articulate well. I do see the value of hunting and shooting organizations needing to join forces. I don’t see them as separate issues. I just see hunting as a subset of the NRA’s mission.
The NRA needs to go to bat for hunting and wildlife conservation. By the same token, is Mr Babez going to go to bat to oppose President Trumps and Senator Feinstein’s confiscation without due process? (Red flag laws?)

I think I didn’t articulate well. I do see the value of hunting and shooting organizations needing to join forces. I don’t see them as separate issues. I just see hunting as a subset of the NRA’s mission.
The NRA needs to go to bat for hunting and wildlife conservation. By the same token, is Mr Babez going to go to bat to oppose President Trumps and Senator Feinstein’s confiscation without due process? (Red flag laws?)
Like I said, we are all well on our way to hanging separately.

@Eric Anderson

.Mr. Anderson,

Mike70560 sent me a note with this link and I am sorry I have not been very active on here. Needless to say it's almost a full time job to keep up on here, so I wanted to log on to reply. If you prefer, you can email me at paulbabaz@bellsouth.net, pbabaz@safariclub.org, or paulbabaz2a@gmail.com. You are bound to be able to reach me at one of those.

To answer your question, I am not much of a politician, but I have a passion for hunting and shooting. I have been a hunter and a shooter my entire life. I have and still shoot sporting clays, GSSF, IDPA, as I enjoy a bit of everything, I haven't gotten into the long range stuff really heavy, but I've dabbled and intend to do more when my SCI term ends as I will have more time. I also feel that I have an obligation to do what I can do to help protect the Second Amendment as well as other parts of our constitution. To put it simply, I spoke to a group recently and let them know that I am a veteran, and I took an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against ALL enemies, foreign and domestic...

It's pretty much that simple, I took an oath for something I believe in and that does not change. The fact of the matter is Americans are facing a vicious enemy right now, and that enemy is indeed domestic. There are several components to this enemy, but a couple of them are Sen. Charles Schumer, and Rep. Nancy Pelosi, you can add Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, and Sen. Bernie Sanders as well. These threats expand throughout the Democratic party and the liberal media which is infecting the younger generation. We as hunters, law abiding gun owners, and law abiding citizens need to make a stand. We cannot allow the liberal left to rewrite the constitution as they see fit!

I'm not trying to be dramatic, it's just a simple fact. As an example, about a month after my term as SCI President began, my wife began receiving anonymous packaged that were hand delivered to our home, not via the USPS. When she opened the package, it contained a letter describing what a horrible person I was for killing animals, and being an 2nd Advocate, etc. It then went on to make threats against my 3 daughters. Included was a DVD that my wife played and saw my youngest two daughters going about their day, getting in their car, going to school. It appeared to be filmed over a few days from a point down the street from my home. It went on into the evening focused on the bedroom of my youngest daughter. They followed me and filmed me going to work. The point of the threat was force me to resign my position from SCI, etc.

You can imagine my wife's reaction to a terrorist threat against our children, because that's how they operate, they want to scare you. The liklihood of any of these cowards doing anything is nil, because they followed me for days. At any time, they could have approached me or confronted me. That's not how they operate though. Keep in mind, these packages, (there was more then one) came from the liberal "Open Minded" left. They are open minded as long as you agree with there agenda!

After talking with my wife over a couple of weeks, what do you think my reaction was? Well, I didn't resign, and when the time came, I accepted a nomination for a second term as SCI President and accepted a nomination from the NRA nominating committee to run for a director on the NRA board. That was my answer to the liberal threats. They are just bullies and we need to stand up to them. I must add that my first call wasn't to local police, or FBI, but was to a friend at the NRA who gets his fair share of this stuff. It was the NRA who was able to mobilize the local PD, and FBI, and GBI (Georgia Bureau of Investigation) as they had contacts from hosting the annual meetings in Atlanta.

The bottom line is, I stand up for what I believe in, and I believe in the Constitution of the United States. I'm sorry to be long winded, but sharing this story is about the best way I can explain why I do what I do as a volunteer in these great organizations, because despite popular belief, there are no perks, and I pay my own expenses, and even though it gets expensive sometimes, it's the price we pay to have dedicated volunteers in these great organizations.

Lastly, we never discussed these incidents with my girls, as we saw no need to scare them as we ramped up home and neighborhood security. I like to think I can trust the folks on here not to spread this story outside of our ranks as there are those out there who are just mentally unstable to actually try to make a statement against an innocent given the idea.

So if you feel so inclined to vote for me, I would appreciate it and would hope you would encourage others to vote for me. If not, I respect your opinion as that's how democracy works.

Good Hunting, Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr. Anderson,

Mike70560 sent me a note with this link and I am sorry I have not been very active on here. Needless to say it's almost a full time job to keep up on here, so I wanted to log on to reply. If you prefer, you can email me at paulbabaz@bellsouth.net, pbabaz@safariclub.org, or paulbabaz2a@gmail.com. You are bound to be able to reach me at one of those.

To answer your question, I am not much of a politician, but I have a passion for hunting and shooting. I have been a hunter and a shooter my entire life. I have and still shoot sporting clays, GSSF, IDPA, as I enjoy a bit of everything, I haven't gotten into the long range stuff really heavy, but I've dabbled and intend to do more when my SCI term ends as I will have more time. I also feel that I have an obligation to do what I can do to help protect the Second Amendment as well as other parts of our constitution. To put it simply, I spoke to a group recently and let them know that I am a veteran, and I took an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against ALL enemies, foreign and domestic...

It's pretty much that simple, I took an oath for something I believe in and that does not change. The fact of the matter is Americans are facing a vicious enemy right now, and that enemy is indeed domestic. There are several components to this enemy, but a couple of them are Sen. Charles Schumer, and Rep. Nancy Pelosi, you can add Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, and Sen. Bernie Sanders as well. These threats expand throughout the Democratic party and the liberal media which is infecting the younger generation. We as hunters, law abiding gun owners, and law abiding citizens need to make a stand. We cannot allow the liberal left to rewrite the constitution as they see fit!

I'm not trying to be dramatic, it's just a simple fact. As an example, about a month after my term as SCI President began, my wife began receiving anonymous packaged that were hand delivered to our home, not via the USPS. When she opened the package, it contained a letter describing what a horrible person I was for killing animals, and being an 2nd Advocate, etc. It then went on to make threats against my 3 daughters. Included was a DVD that my wife played and saw my youngest two daughters going about their day, getting in their car, going to school. It appeared to be filmed over a few days from a point down the street from my home. It went on into the evening focused on the bedroom of my youngest daughter. They followed me and filmed me going to work. The point of the threat was force me to resign my position from SCI, etc.

You can imagine my wife's reaction to a terrorist threat against our children, because that's how they operate, they want to scare you. The liklihood of any of these cowards doing anything is nil, because they followed me for days. At any time, they could have approached me or confronted me. That's not how they operate though. Keep in mind, these packages, (there was more then one) came from the liberal "Open Minded" left. They are open minded as long as you agree with there agenda!

After talking with my wife over a couple of weeks, what do you think my reaction was? Well, I didn't resign, and when the time came, I accepted a nomination for a second term as SCI President and accepted a nomination from the NRA nominating committee to run for a director on the NRA board. That was my answer to the liberal threats. They are just bullies and we need to stand up to them. I must add that my first call wasn't to local police, or FBI, but was to a friend at the NRA who gets his fair share of this stuff. It was the NRA who was able to mobilize the local PD, and FBI, and GBI (Georgia Bureau of Investigation) as they had contacts from hosting the annual meetings in Atlanta.

The bottom line is, I stand up for what I believe in, and I believe in the Constitution of the United States. I'm sorry to be long winded, but sharing this story is about the best way I can explain why I do what I do as a volunteer in these great organizations, because despite popular belief, there are no perks, and I pay my own expenses, and even though it gets expensive sometimes, it's the price we pay to have dedicated volunteers in these great organizations.

Lastly, we never discussed these incidents with my girls, as we saw no need to scare them as we ramped up home and neighborhood security. I like to think I can trust the folks on here not to spread this story outside of our ranks as there are those out there who are just mentally unstable to actually try to make a statement against an innocent given the idea.

So if you feel so inclined to vote for me, I would appreciate it and would hope you would encourage others to vote for me. If not, I respect your opinion as that's how democracy works.

Good Hunting, Paul

The cowards probably won’t drop off another package but hopefully you put up some cameras to catch them. If they ever find the scum responsible, please let us know. I would attend the trial dressed in hunter orange with hopefully, a lot of friends. That would make a statement to the bastards!

@Eric Anderson , when the Cecil the Lion debacle was unfolding, I didn't like how SCI threw one of it's member under the bus. I sent an email to Paul Babaz and he replied and also offered to set up a phone call. I am a NRA member, but not a SCI member. Vote for Paul, I did.

If you want to question a name on the NRA ballot, look at Larry Craig the former Idaho Senator who resigned in disgrace.

Same situation here... NRA Member, but not an SCI Member..

I voted for Paul...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross