Superstitions!!

Taking a woman hunting with you greatly reduces your chances of success. However it also increases hers equally so I guess that one works out. Yet somehow once a critter is down I still end up being the one doing all the work??? hows that for luck?

Taking a woman hunting, greatly reduce your ability to pay attention to what goes on around you...

This is no superstition as I've proven it many a time. If you've been laying on your back in half snow half muddy winter wheat field in Idaho in January waiting hours for the geese to come in without a shot, DO NOT leave your spot without your shotgun! As soon as you get about 40 yards away, thousands of geese will magically appear out of thin air with you not standing a chance of shooting one while your buds double, reload and double again and are now ready to go home.

Stretch and I hunt together and he often sees more than me. He also shoots more than me. The one deer I have shot since starting bow hunting in 2010, 15 minutes after I started, we both tracked and took out. When he shot a nice buck later that year, again we both tracked and took him out (which was a challenge due to where he was in the woods). The only thing that he does, because I am not allowed to use sharp objects (have a bad habit of cutting myself), is gut the deer and cut it up. When it comes to making it into hamburger, again we work together.

Sounds like you guys have a good system. Christine does a good job of supervising. LOL I am glad she enjoys herself though, it is worth the pack out.

LOL Thomas...you are in a heap of trouble. Did you excite a witch doctor somewhere? I'm not sure how high you must raise the bed, but do sleep with one eye on your feet! Tokoloshes are known to nibble toes.

Good luck with that one!

Ja Huckleberry!
At 2am on the 7th night in camp in the Limpopo I was awakened by a wicked rain storm and howling winds.
When I rolled over in bed one of the bed legs broke off.
The 8th day of my hunt was....well.... let's put it this way....a VERY steep learning curve.
Not a complete disaster. I did finally bag the #1 animal on my wish list, a Zebra stallion. But, definitely not one of my proudest moments. Coincidence?
Also, for about 2 months after returning home I had some crazy, vivid, in color dreams about Baboons and Warthogs almost every night.
I mentioned the dreams to my PH friend Louis and we had a good laugh when he mentioned I might have been witched. Hehehe!

This is no superstition as I've proven it many a time. If you've been laying on your back in half snow half muddy winter wheat field in Idaho in January waiting hours for the geese to come in without a shot, DO NOT leave your spot without your shotgun! As soon as you get about 40 yards away, thousands of geese will magically appear out of thin air with you not standing a chance of shooting one while your buds double, reload and double again and are now ready to go home.

Holy Mackerel Phil isn't that the truth! Ha!
I can testify it will also work with Sandhill Cranes and Ducks of any color.

Ty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlessdiuse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg