Started a new project

These 35s seem to like 225s, I just finished up my Whelen using 75.5gs of IMR 4350 don't know what it Chronod not sure I care. I'm also using a Nikon Monarch 3.5x15 with ED Glass

I love my old .358 NM,reading this thread tells me its time to get her out for a crack at some more Sambar.

She lives on 225 grain woodleigh hydros lately. I have two boxes 250Gr Alaskans but havent used any so far.

Rob404 did you really mean to say "Whelen" when referring to a 75.5 Gr load of IMR 4350 pushing a 225 Gr. bullet? That sounds more like a load for a 358 Norma Mag.

Rob404 did you really mean to say "Whelen" when referring to a 75.5 Gr load of IMR 4350 pushing a 225 Gr. bullet? That sounds more like a load for a 358 Norma Mag.
Sorry,I inverted a number should be 57.5, I'm not sure 35 Whelen brass would even hold 75gs of powder

I really like the 35 caliber, have you given any thoughts to a 35 built on the RUM case. I had Rocky Mountain Rifles AKA Corlanes in Dawson Creek BC build me one a few years ago. It shoots 250 gr Partitions under 1 MOA.

Rob404, thanks for clearing that up. I have been loading 225 Gr Barnes TSX for my 35 Whelen with 59 Gr of IMR 4064 and that is pushing it. I got that load out of a Barnes manual so it should be good. I know it works in my gun without any issues or problems.

I'm thinking my 35Whelen will make a Dandy plains game Rifle when I make my next trip to Africa

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
collegeafricagroup

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois