Started a new project

These 35s seem to like 225s, I just finished up my Whelen using 75.5gs of IMR 4350 don't know what it Chronod not sure I care. I'm also using a Nikon Monarch 3.5x15 with ED Glass
 
I love my old .358 NM,reading this thread tells me its time to get her out for a crack at some more Sambar.

She lives on 225 grain woodleigh hydros lately. I have two boxes 250Gr Alaskans but havent used any so far.
 
Rob404 did you really mean to say "Whelen" when referring to a 75.5 Gr load of IMR 4350 pushing a 225 Gr. bullet? That sounds more like a load for a 358 Norma Mag.
 
Rob404 did you really mean to say "Whelen" when referring to a 75.5 Gr load of IMR 4350 pushing a 225 Gr. bullet? That sounds more like a load for a 358 Norma Mag.
Sorry,I inverted a number should be 57.5, I'm not sure 35 Whelen brass would even hold 75gs of powder
 
I really like the 35 caliber, have you given any thoughts to a 35 built on the RUM case. I had Rocky Mountain Rifles AKA Corlanes in Dawson Creek BC build me one a few years ago. It shoots 250 gr Partitions under 1 MOA.
 
Rob404, thanks for clearing that up. I have been loading 225 Gr Barnes TSX for my 35 Whelen with 59 Gr of IMR 4064 and that is pushing it. I got that load out of a Barnes manual so it should be good. I know it works in my gun without any issues or problems.
 
I'm thinking my 35Whelen will make a Dandy plains game Rifle when I make my next trip to Africa
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,280
Messages
1,571,526
Members
169,369
Latest member
ElinorDowd
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top