SOUTH AFRICA: Tootabi Hunting Safaris What Is The Wounded Policy And Billing Issues

There were a lot of words of wisdom by many people on this thread. Whether Loodt wanted it or not he got advertising. It's not my safari company on the line. Everyone should read their contract and carry it with them on safari. Most safari outfitters are very thorough in their contracts. Sometimes there is learning curve for the new guy on the block. The first outfitter I hunted with made many mistakes on the final bill too. We talked about it, he corrected everything to my liking. I hold no grudge about it. I thought it more embarrassing on his end than mine. Most outfitter will ask everyday if everything is ok and check if you are having a great time. My advice is be honest, speak up. Especially for a new outfitter there is learning curve. I always tell outfitters my needs are very little on food, drinks, and accommodations. I just expect that you know your hunting area and where the animals are on my hunt list. If you provide great hunting, we will get along just fine. There are great PH's in the industry whether it's RSA, Namibia, Benin...etc. I'm sure Loodt will use this as a learning tool and do better in the future.

@hunthardsafaris I don't care that I don't have hundreds of post counts. If it is true what Loodt said, in my opinion Royal isn't a stand up member.
Let's not get carried away here. I see nothing in what Loodt has said that would mean that Royal isn't a stand up member.

I for one think that now that Loodt has replied, it's time to put an end to this thread.

In this case the hunter has never, not once voiced his concern over whether he disputed the fact that he wounded the animal.

So he comes on here to dispute it, so the whole world can see it. VERY odd!
Royal is a highly respected member here, he also happens to have done the right thing by brining it up. Royal has all of our support on this issue and I stand behind him 100%. There absolutely was a despute over the animal being wounded as well as the unacceptable breach of contract. Hence the entire reason he brought it up.

I agree that Royal should get his refund. No blood, no pay.

However, I want to know if Royal contacted Loodt about this issue before posting on AH. So Royal, did you contact Loodt privately? Seems like it would be only fair to work it out in private like men before going public.

Yes, I did contact him.

As I talked about in my original post I wish I had done it while in Africa and made it very clear at that point, but unfortunately I did not.

All I'm wondering is why didn't Royal address the issue in private?

Royal, I am truely sorry that this happend to you. I hope that everything works out for you the way that it should. In my opinion you made the right decision bringing this to everyone's attention. I can only imagine how difficult this has been for you and I'm truely sorry for that.

Yes, I did contact him.

As I talked about in my original post I wish I had done it while in Africa and made it very clear at that point, but unfortunately I did not.

All I'm wondering is why didn't Royal address the issue in private?

It seems he did. After he got back from Africa, wishes he had while there, but in fact he did and it wasn't to his satisfaction.

Thanks, but I think I will pass on the coffee. Moet net nie die Here se woorde op my probeer nie, ek ken my geloof.
You can do alot, but please do not play that card!

"In this case the hunter has never, not once voiced his concern over whether he disputed the fact that he wounded the animal"--Loodt

"In this case the hunter has never, not once voiced his concern over whether he disputed the fact that he wounded the animal"--Loodt
I'm not sure anything is to be gained from this, as I've said, but please. Royal admitted in his first post that he didn't dispute that at the time, in fact he said he did wound it.

But that's not the issue. First, he isn't the final - and certainly not the best - judge of what happened. Second, the contract he signed was clear. No blood not pay.

It is the job of the professional hunter to make that judgement in the best interest of the client of what is right at the time. A client should not dispute anything on safari. We(ph's and outfitters) are here to guarantee our client peace of mind and to have a wounderful time in this awesome Country of ours!

13 pages....both parties have responded and there has been a positive, mutually agreed upon outcome. Opinions that have been formed are probably not going to be changed at this point.

.....and some folks still want to continue to take shots at one or the other individuals involved, (or at other posters/members), even though it's "done and over".(n)
I don't think that there is much more to be said.

Not my call, and I'm generally not a fan of it, but maybe it's time for the adminstrators to lock this thread.....and move on?

13 pages....both parties have responded and there has been a positive, mutually agreed upon outcome. Opinions that have been formed are probably not going to be changed at this point.

.....and some folks still want to continue to take shots at one or the other individuals involved, (or at other posters/members), even though it's "done and over".(n)
I don't think that there is much more to be said.

Not my call, and I'm generally not a fan of it, but maybe it's time for the adminstrators to lock this thread.....and move on?
+1 and good point.

I agree with Mr. 16 gauge. Kevin

Bluey, Gizmo, and Hank 22 why do you agree that a client should never dispute anything on safari?

Thanks, but I think I will pass on the coffee. Moet net nie die Here se woorde op my probeer nie, ek ken my geloof.
You need to let us know what that means. I'm very curious

Bluey, Gizmo, and Hank 22 why do you agree that a client should never dispute anything on safari?
I think you miss understand my posts, the client has every right to dispute anything they are uncomfortable with or have a question about. It is the outfitters responsibility to make it right if there was a mistake made on part of the outfitter or any representative of the outfitter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
immediatebtc

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.