SOUTH AFRICA: Running Report Of Hunting With Pawprint Safaris

Congrats on two nice animals. I don't know maybe some hunting highs has you typing impala instead of springbucks. LOL

That tall grass most be making finding the steenbuck tough. There is a bunch around Pieter Lodges but they don't stand around long.

Good luck

What a great black Wildebeest! All excellent trophies, but I would really like a black Wildebeest of that quality!
Johan’s family is so nice to be around. Always seem happy!
Pieter’s kids are excellent on a hunt as well. They had no problem going into the bush in the dark trying to find my duiker.

Great hunt so far, keep the report and pictures coming. July 18th can't get here soon enough.

Glad you guys are having a great hunt. But if you don't mind, SAVE SOME OF THOSE BIG ONES FOR US!! The more I keep hearing about Johan I'm beginning to think he is the guy I want for my PH in July. BTW who is watching the kids? Is your son back to his old self?

Glad you guys are having a great hunt. But if you don't mind, SAVE SOME OF THOSE BIG ONES FOR US!! The more I keep hearing about Johan I'm beginning to think he is the guy I want for my PH in July. BTW who is watching the kids? Is your son back to his old self?

He is a super nice and good guy to be around. We flew up my mother in law t stay with them. And yes he is, thank you for asking

There are more big ones trust me!

Sounds like you are having a great time and the tent camp and new big 5 locations are loaded with game. Enjoy!

Day 5 continued.

After the wildebeest and springbuck hunt we headed back to pieters place to relax and enjoy a couple cold refreshments. Johan makes a phone call and says he secured a place right up the road to try for steenbuck. We will head out at 4. When it's time to go se make a short 10 min drive down the road and arrive at the concession. We jump in the back of the bakkie and the hunt is on. But the grass is so tall we know it's going to be a difficult hunt. After a quick drive johan says let's get down and do some walking to see if we can stumble on one since its almost to thick to see anything in the grass. After about 45 minutes of trying to silently walk through grass that is chest high and sometimes even head high johan says the grass is way to tall and we all agree. So back to the truck we go. We make a right turn and johan gets excited signals for the truck to stop and jumps off the back. Then says he spotted a nice ram so my wife jumps off. I decide to stay because I did not want to chance messing this up. They take off but the steenbuck never stops or slows down and hits the tall grass where he obviously knows he is safe. We headed back to pieters and find out they put the gut pile out for some baited jackal hunting tonight. Once dark hits we head to the blind and the wait begins. About an hour into it jackals start screaming all around us and getting closer. My wife gets ready johan gets the light ready but none show at the gut pile. We head back to the lodge to eat after another hour passes. After eating we could hear jackal everywhere and pieter says get in the truck he won't be able to sleep tonight if we don't try with that many around. After driving we still spotted none. So we head back to the lodge as we have to head out from the lodge at 6 am the following morning to go to pilansburg park for a drive to see some animals

Looks like a great time so far. Hope your son is doing well.

That early season tall grass can make finding some of the smaller animals really tough. Enjoy the park and get some nice pictures to show your son as I know he will enjoy them.

Thanks for keeping us updated

Heh! Save something for me! ( I'll be there in June :) looks like you guys are having a great experience.

Thanks for the running report, congrats to all. I really like the black wildebeest.

It was good hosting you guys. Enjoy Natal.

Great trophies! I especially love the Impala and I would die for that Black Wildebeest!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeilaLemie

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg