SOUTH AFRICA: My Successful 7 Day Hunt With Pawprint Safaris In The Northwest & Limpopo Provinces

sierraone

Silver supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Dallas Safari Club, Safari Club Int.
Hunted
USA, RSA, Northwest and Limpopo Provinces
Congrats on the Zebra and the porker! That is a very nice looking pig! Are you gonna euro or shoulder mount him?
No, just photos. Remember I don't mount or import anything. Much rather spend that money on another hunt. Pieter is to mount the tusks for his main camp, where he has many other mounts of all types.

Ridgewalker

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa: Limpopo, Northwest; USA: Ak, Mt, Wy, Co, Ne, Ks, Nv, NM, Tx
just photos. Remember I don't mount or import anything. Much rather spend that money on another hun

I like that! May start doing the same since I only have a very small man cave and it will probably be crowded after I get my trophies from my last trip. Either that or get very creative about the taxidermy.

crudeoildude

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Member of
nra bow hunters of wyo
What a bunch of beautiful trophys and an awesome write up I also will read every word of your next one as well congratulations

Bullthrower338

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
Life Member Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, NRA, Huntin' Fool, DSC and Pope and Young Club
Hunted
USA, Mexico, Canada, RSA, Australia NT, Zimbabwe
I like that! May start doing the same since I only have a very small man cave and it will probably be crowded after I get my trophies from my last trip. Either that or get very creative about the taxidermy.
Or.......build a new trophy room. Lol. Trying to decide what I’m going to do also. Space is getting slim

cagkt3

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, SCI - West Texas Chapter, HSC, NRA Life Member, Ducks Unlimited
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, OK, TX, UT, KS
Congrats sir, that is a heck of a way to end the hunt!

Gert Odendaal

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SAJW
Excellent David, great write-up and photos, it really is special to hunt these animals with your 404 Jeffery..it is a great caliber and as shown can hunt any animal walking on this earth...(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

IAhawks84

AH member
Reaction score
Awesome stories, thank you for sharing! Interesting idea with the pictures as well. Taxidermy can really add up!

Ragman

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Canada(Sask./B.C.), Namibia, RSA(Eastern Cape) USA(Texas)
Really enjoyed your report Sir! I particularly like your warthog. Looks like a clone of mine. I didn't have to work as hard for it as you did though!

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
Charlie, I'll moving back to Arkansas around the grand kids during the last week of October. That move will cost me the price of a simple PG hunt. So any thoughts of another international hunt next year is up in the air for the time being. I still have a yearning to hunt a color phase black bear in British Columbia next year, but going back to S.A. would be less expensive by at least $3000, maybe $4000. Of course the air fare would be less. So who knows where I will be hunting next year.....Arkansas, S.A. or B,C.
Sending you a PM on another subject.

Great d to hear about your move. As you may know I do business in Arkansas and still do my deer hunting down around Monticello. Perhaps you can join me on a Hunt down there.

Wheels

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, Zimbabwe
Congratulations on your hunt. Glad you had a great time.

ActionBob

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
NRA life, DSC, SCI
Hunted
Minnesota, Texas, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, British Columbia, Argentina, Kansas, Macedonia, Austria
Great shooting David! seems like you have mastered that 404;) Really loving the Wart hog and what a great way to get him.

sierraone

Silver supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Dallas Safari Club, Safari Club Int.
Hunted
USA, RSA, Northwest and Limpopo Provinces
Great shooting David! seems like you have mastered that 404;) Really loving the Wart hog and what a great way to get him.
Thanks Bob, I put in a lot of practice at 50 and 100 and a little at 150. I raised the point of impact 1 inch at one hundred yards back around Christmas as advised by Joe. And have made no adjustments since then. It is just put the crosshairs on the target, squeeze the trigger, wait a few minutes, then get the camera out. 3 shots, 3 animals! I could not be more pleased!
The partially custom RSM didn't hurt either!

ActionBob

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
NRA life, DSC, SCI
Hunted
Minnesota, Texas, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, British Columbia, Argentina, Kansas, Macedonia, Austria
Hellatious good caliber for Zebra and Wart Hog;) And perfect bullet performance:)

Whiskey1

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa, Georgia, Alabama, Florida, Virginia, Texas, Wyoming, Maine
Great hunt report and great animals. I'm thinking of adding an old dry cow buffalo to my "wanted" list.

BWH

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Ducks Unlimited, Texas Trophy Hunters, Trout Unlimited, SCI, DSC & NRA
Hunted
USA & RSA
Supercool. Congratulations on a great hunt

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Just came from a hunt and already longing for the bush
JPmbogo wrote on yhc's profile.
I have factory loaded Hornady 450 NE 3 1/4 DGS that I am selling for not much more than the brass itself at $75/box - see my listing for same.
Justbryan wrote on Rafter JK's profile.
Get Crazy Larry yet? Wishing I had shot Alpine Ibex too!