Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI & DSC
Hunted
Canada, Namibia, New Zealand, Russia, South Africa, Tajikistan
My wife, Jaclyn, and I recently concluded a fantastic hunt with Jacques Spamer of Hartzview Safaris. I have been on several other hunts in Africa, but my wife had never been there before and I wanted it to go perfectly. My greatest concern was about making the trip the best it could possibly be for Jaclyn, and Jacques was spot-on. Everything went as he assured me it would, and we were rewarded with a fantastic experience that will last forever. Every day we were blessed with Jacques positive attitude, and it continued not just through the day but throughout the entire safari.

Our first day out hunting brought many first time experiences for my wife. Outside of her research, and my hunting trophies, she had never seen any African game. She was so enthusiastic about everything she saw, and quickly realized that we didn't book enough time to see all that Hartzview had to offer. She was shocked to not only see giraffes and rhinos, but all of the different antelope species and the ostriches. During our hunt, my wife and I were very successful. Jaclyn took a very nice blesbok, and I took a trophy eland, impala, black wildebeest, and blesbok as well. All of our hunts were conducted by spot and stalk, and were absolutely thrilling. To see the excitement on my wife's face when Jacques confirmed her trophy was down was just unbelievable. I was very impressed with Jacques patience with my wife. She is rather new to hunting, and he went the extra mile to make sure that she understood everything and was willing to answer her millions of questions.

Our observations throughout the trip also proved to be amazing. Each day we saw something different, and were very surprised with the numbers of animals that we saw. The animals looked to be very plentiful and very healthy. Even with all of the animals, the hunt was pleasantly challenging and the animals sought proved to have the ability to vaporize before our very eyes?hat's why it's called hunting and not shooting.

I have been to many camps in many places across the globe, and I can say without a doubt that Hartzview Safaris is at the very top of my list. We haven't been home more than a week, and my wife is already outlining our return trip to Hartzview Safaris. She tells me it's not the wonderful facilities, nor the amazing trophies, and not even the delicious food but rather culmination of all three in one place with first rate people. Thanks again Jacques for organizing a great trip at Hartzview Safaris, we will be back soon!!

-Caleb & Jaclyn Miller

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Attachments

• IMG_0892.jpg
    IMG_0892.jpg
    340.4 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0980.jpg
    IMG_0980.jpg
    351.5 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_1275.jpg
    IMG_1275.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_1089.jpg
    IMG_1089.jpg
    567.6 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_1231.jpg
    IMG_1231.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 169
Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to be the first to say a big congratulations on a great hunt! You done good! Love the eland, all fine trophies.

Congrats on the great hunt! I so identified with your report, my wife shot her first animal last year on our safari. I think I enjoyed that more than the trophies I got. The black wildebeest is exceptional by the way.

Hi Jacyln & Caleb,

Congratulations to you both for bagging such remarkable trophies , the impala & the eland are monsters..
Jacques is , all time wonderful host and a great PH . the trophy quality produced makes it evident of his expertise.....
Lovely pictures , thanks for sharing...

Monish

Caleb & Jacyln

good story and some great trophy's...are you looking to have any mounted?

As the other have indicated the Impala and Eland look to be great.

Another successful hunter returns...

Would you go to the outfitter section and fill out a review for "Jacques Spamer of Hartzview Safaris".

Other looking to book a safari with him will be able to read your review.

Hi Jacyln & Caleb,

Congratulations on a fine hunt and some fine trophys Glad to hear that the two of you had such a great time.

Thanks for the kind words.

Yes, we are going to get everything mounted - fortunately for us, I own and operate a taxidermy studio....you know what that means though - my wife's blesbok moves to the top of the pile and my animals fall back under the paying clients...that's okay though, I'm only about 5 years and 3 continents behind on my personal taxidermy.

And I have already posted a Rating/Review for Jacques with Hartzview. He is truly a stand-up guy with a great location.

Thanks!

Congrats on the great hunt!

Great report and great pics of some fine trophys.I was already having a hard time waiting then a report from the camp your going to comes in like this.I can not wait to see my son work with jacques on stalking his first african animal.We hope to be writing a report soon enough and for some strange reason bet we will be making plans for the future also to get back.

Congrats, all are great animals

Thanks for sharing with us your trophy photos and hunt report Caleb.

Thank you for the great report my friend. We are looking forward on having you and Jaclyn back with us in the near future. It was great seeing you guys in Dallas aswell.

Talk to you soon.

I was very impressed with Jacques patience with my wife. She is rather new to hunting, and he went the extra mile to make sure that she understood everything and was willing to answer her millions of questions.

I missed this report while I was away hunting obviously.
Good report and nice trophies.

Jacques, after reading your report and seeing your patience and determination to get Monique out hunting, 5 years is a lot of patience to wait until "she asks" and then enjoying the moment it is nice to see it that trait come out in this story too.

http://www.africahunting.com/hunting-africa/7381-what-great-feeling-my-girlfriends-first-hunt.html

Congratulations. Looks like you had a great time.

Jacyln & Caleb,

What a trip you shared. Your smiles tell it all.
How do you go back to work after an experience like that?
I am happy for the both of you.

Better late than never....so congrats on a great hunt. Thanks for sharing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg