Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Eastern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia, Tanzania
Congrats, glad you were able to get this awesome buff!

gizmo

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.rockinggranch.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA

Sand Rat

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Texas, Mississippi, Kansas, Botswana, Eastern Cape
Great outcome to finalize your hunt! This had to be an emotion able relief not to mention the financial side of the deal. The recovery says a lot about the team of PH's you choose to hunt with. That gnarly old bastard is going to look great hanging in the Gizmo lodge!

gizmo

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.rockinggranch.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
Great outcome to finalize your hunt! This had to be an emotion able relief not to mention the financial side of the deal. The recovery says a lot about the team of PH's you choose to hunt with. That gnarly old bastard is going to look great hanging in the Gizmo lodge!
Thanks and I finally got a decent nights sleep. I can't express enough gratitude to Andri and Beans. First class folks all the way and great friends. The buff has a spot in the house already picked out. I'm moving other stuff to the lodge to make room for him!

kathy

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
gizmo, great news on the recovery. awesome bull. Forrest

gizmo

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.rockinggranch.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
Hunted
A couple more pics for good measure
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
The man, the legend Andri Fox about to take a victory dance swig.
image.jpeg

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
Cool

gizmo

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.rockinggranch.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
Hunted
Ok, so as of 0830 this morning the buff is at the taxidermist. SSI thank you so much for all ya'lls help as well. I just spoke with Rosella and I think we have the plan worked out.
Guys SSI does a great job. They have been involved in this safari since day one and are doing a fantastic job. They care about my trophies as much as I do and work their butts off to make sure everything is perfect. Please if ever you are in need of a import broker give them a call you will be glad you did.

Last edited by a moderator:

edward

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
safari club,nra,d.s.c.
Hunted
south africa and zimbabwe.alaska and several lower 48 states.
glad things worked out for you.sounds like a great team.

gizmo

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.rockinggranch.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
Hunted
I realized I forgot to post pics of the scars/wounds from my shot so here y'all go. Like I said I pulled it to the right and I can't believe that didn't really slow him down. Tough tough animals two scars on the back of the shoulder are exit wounds and second pic scar on the base of the neck was entry hole.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

bluey

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
ssaa, aba ,bairnsdale field archers SFP
Hunted
australia south africa (limpopo, north west,eastcape) canada (b.c)zambia
wish I had seen this thread before , gizmo ....
glad its all worked out for you mate .....
speaks volumes for the P.Hs involved ......... don't rekon they will go thirsty next time your in town

gizmo

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.rockinggranch.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
Hunted
speaks volumes for the P.Hs involved ......... don't rekon they will go thirsty next time your in town
Lol no sir I am forever in their debt.

gizmo

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.rockinggranch.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
Hunted
I think you were in Africa when all this happened too.

johnnyblues

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Hunted
USA, ALASKA Canada, New Zealand, Mexico Africa.
I have read for so long about how tough these animals really are. I had no idea in reality how tough they really are. For me at least buffalo hunting is the most humbling thing a man can ever do. You feel pretty insignificant standing next to them. The sights and smells of the herd and the absolute sheer power these animals have. Not to mention how smart and crafty they are. It's an amazing experience and I pray I will be blessed with the oppurtunity to do it again. I would love to have the ability to hunt a problem buff in some wild remote place one day and square off with the badest of the bad. It's the stuff dreams and legends are made of. One thing is for certain no matter where one hunts them. A buffalo is not hunted it is earned.
Well said my friend

enysse

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
Congrats, that is one beautiful animal! And a LOT OF MEAT!!!

gizmo

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.rockinggranch.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
Hunted
Thanks enyesse! I'm still on cloud nine. It's at the taxidermist in the eastern cape. That is the only animal to been taxidermied in Africa from my trip as it was the most cost effective way to do it, the rest of the trophies were on the dock ready to be shipped by the time he was in the salt. The rest are being done by Denis and I have finally decided on a pose for my lion. I gave Denis a picture as inspiration and told him to have at it! It will be amazing to see what he comes up with. The buff will be a shoulder mount full sneak with a slight 1/8 turn. Back hide tanned, feet into book ends, and scrotum into a pen holder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pureverags

Latest profile posts

NTH wrote on JimT's profile.
Hey Jim, I read that you’re from Dequincey and just returned from Africa. I’m from Lake Charles and went there in April. What outfitter did you use and would you share your experience and pics? I won our trip to Kuche through DU.
gprippers wrote on SAFARIKIDD's profile.
Hello! Nice rifle! I have IDENTICAL rifle in 375 H&H so i was wondering what gunsmith did the work on it? Appreciate it and if you decide there is anything you are willing to take in partial trade, let me know. I have quite a few pistols, long guns and sxs & o/u shotguns as well.

Let me know if you are looking for anything in particular.

Thanks,
Rob
Bearhunter46 wrote on Philip Glass's profile.
Philip, do you still have the 416 for sale?
NTH wrote on Rick HOlbert's profile.
Nice “meeting” you Rick. I made my first trip to S. Africa this year through Kuche Safaris. We had an incredible time. What outfitter do you use? Neal
LIFE-FORM TAXIDERMY World Leader In Superior Taxidermy Since 1981

taxidermy-south-africa.jpg