Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
Well, I received some fantastic news today. At 0150hrs US central standard time my buffalo was again located and finished. Special thanks goes out to Andri Fox of Andri Fox Safaris and Beans of @Tootabi Valley Safaris. I will forever be in their debt and it shows the character of these wonderful men. Words cannot express my gratitude for what they have done for me. As of a few hours my buff will be on the way to the taxidermist to be mounted and then shipped to my home in Texas. My hat is off to them and I would like to express a huge thank you. God bless, Erik
image.jpeg

Friggin cool man!!!! I think Beans is good buddies with Jacques @Hartzview Hunting Safaris. Good dudes!

Gnarly bull BTW!!! Like how his horns are beat up! Fightah!!!!

Gizmo how did they know he was yours? Pictures or wounds?

Maybe the particular broken horn is a good mark to get it identified..??

Gizmo how did they know he was yours? Pictures or wounds?

Maybe the particular broken horn is a good mark to get it identified..??

Horns and bullet holes I believe.

Beans told me they were making the trip. They went up to the Kalahari from the EC just to look for Erik's bull. Now that is the P in PH to me. These two guys are all class. They went back up there just because they thought it was the right thing to do.

My hat is off to them.

Congrats Erik! Class act all around.

Thanks for the great weekend..... Your a pretty darned good Outfitter and PH yourself! Not to mention a great cook.. I had a blast, in fact I was wiped out today as I came off the high of all the excitement.

Guys and Gals; Erik is a heck of a good shot, especially under pressure. He double lunged this guy Saturday as it was on the run!

Gizmo Pronghorn.jpg

That is certainly a unique enough trophy to get the right one.
Now that is a follow up.
Glad you got it done guys.

Fantastic Gizmo, really happy for you.

Glad you got your buff. It is amazing how good of shape he looked to be in after all this time. Would be interesting to know if he was still around the other buff or got pushed out since he was wounded.
Nice to see andri finished the job for his client.

Well, I received some fantastic news today. At 0150hrs US central standard time my buffalo was again located and finished. Special thanks goes out to Andri Fox of Andri Fox Safaris and Beans of @Tootabi Valley Safaris. I will forever be in their debt and it shows the character of these wonderful men. Words cannot express my gratitude for what they have done for me. As of a few hours my buff will be on the way to the taxidermist to be mounted and then shipped to my home in Texas. My hat is off to them and I would like to express a huge thank you. God bless, ErikView attachment 49517
Awesome bull Gizmo - glad it all worked out! Love the character;)

dt

Thank all of you for your support. To answer some questions. They knew it was the right bull from the broken horn. There is actually a story behind that. Also from the hitch he had in his giddy up.
Post Mortem.
As I initially posted after the trip, the shot looked and felt good. However, scaring and wounds revealed I pulled the bullet a tad to far to the right. It entered the base of his neck and came out behind the left shoulder managing to not hit a damn thing vital. Soooo end of the day, it was as I feared and I screwed it up. That still doesn't change the sorry bullet performance on the lion but it definitely was not the ammunition's fault on the buff as I was completely responsible for a bad hit.
@BWH yes Andri and Beans both are friends with Jacques, I did not get to meet him while I was there but I did get to hunt there for one day and it is a first class operation.
Andri and Beans did go back up there as they felt it was the right thing to do. Andri and Cabous who were there at the initial hunt assured me that he was my buff no matter what and Andri gave me a personal promise he would recover it for me. The honor and professionalism of these men is far beyond anything I have ever experienced. I am honored to have had the privilege to have hunted with them and call them my friends. I will hunt with them again and we have developed a great friendship.
@ActionBob it was wonderful to get to hunt with you and I thoroughly enjoyed every second of it. As far as my speed goat goes, everybody gets luck from time to time. (y)
Bob killed his antelope at 446 yards off of a monopod. That gentleman is skill.
image.jpeg

Glad you got your buff. It is amazing how good of shape he looked to be in after all this time. Would be interesting to know if he was still around the other buff or got pushed out since he was wounded.
Nice to see andri finished the job for his client.
Bill he was actually with a couple of other Bulls. He's the one on the left
image.jpeg

Congratulations Erik!!!

Thank all of you for your support. To answer some questions. They knew it was the right bull from the broken horn. There is actually a story behind that. Also from the hitch he had in his giddy up.
Post Mortem.
As I initially posted after the trip, the shot looked and felt good. However, scaring and wounds revealed I pulled the bullet a tad to far to the right. It entered the base of his neck and came out behind the left shoulder managing to not hit a damn thing vital. Soooo end of the day, it was as I feared and I screwed it up. That still doesn't change the sorry bullet performance on the lion but it definitely was not the ammunition's fault on the buff as I was completely responsible for a bad hit.
@BWH yes Andri and Beans both are friends with Jacques, I did not get to meet him while I was there but I did get to hunt there for one day and it is a first class operation.
Andri and Beans did go back up there as they felt it was the right thing to do. Andri and Cabous who were there at the initial hunt assured me that he was my buff no matter what and Andri gave me a personal promise he would recover it for me. The honor and professionalism of these men is far beyond anything I have ever experienced. I am honored to have had the privilege to have hunted with them and call them my friends. I will hunt with them again and we have developed a great friendship.
@ActionBob it was wonderful to get to hunt with you and I thoroughly enjoyed every second of it. As far as my speed goat goes, everybody gets luck from time to time. (y)
Bob killed his antelope at 446 yards off of a monopod. That gentleman is skill. View attachment 49519
What's the story behind the broken horn? Congrats again!

dt

+1, what happened to the horn...

Gizmo,
Congrats brother! Fine job by the PH, speaks volumes of their character! Glad you got to hunt with Bob, hope to do that myself one day.
Cheers,
Cody

Bob killed his antelope at 446 yards off of a monopod. That gentleman is skill.
That was luck! I was hating that monopod as I was waving around on it.... I think Erik had given up on me shooting that goat when the critter finally lined up nice away from the dos and the crosshairs settled in. I was on that scope a long time and had to take a couple breaks. Truth be told the shot only stopped him and did not drop him... Then the jitters set in and I had hell to pay (with several errant shots) before I got another in him. I'm NOT a long range shooter but that little 6.5 Creedmoor delivers when the need arises.

The real skill is how Erik can shoot whilst maintaining at least 1/3 box of Copenhagen in his cheek! But he does shoot right handed and chew left side... That must be the secret?!

The real skill is how Erik can shoot whilst maintaining at least 1/3 box of Copenhagen in his cheek! But he does shoot right handed and chew left side... That must be the secret?!
Bob, copenhagen is much like beer. You do everything better with it. The snuff on the left side while shooting maintains balance. Its a zen thing.:LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::eek:

So Eric, do you become a sniper with Rum...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EulaBowen

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!