SOUTH AFRICA: Back From Kwa-zulu Natal What A Trip

Bruinmaster,

Good job! Nice mature trophies and the reedbuck is excellent. What's next on the list?

Mark

What is next on the list......Everything! But a Kudu and Waterbuck are at the top of my plains game list.

Congrats on beautiful trophies! The reedbuck and the gemsbok is awesome. Very nice nyala too. The bushbuck got away from me too when I was in EC, so I have to go on another trip soon. My wife are not so sure about that argument...:D

My wife are not so sure about that argument...
Join the club (lol)!

What is next on the list......Everything! But a Kudu and Waterbuck are at the top of my plains game list.

I think that is fine choice for animals...the kudu and waterbuck are awesome to hunt and make great trophies!

I think that is fine choice for animals...the kudu and waterbuck are awesome to hunt and make great trophies!

They certainly rank high on my list

That is the great thing about Africa there are so many animals to choose from. I love it! I agree with the qoute from wolverine67

"The best hunt are the one in your dreams, the next best are the one in your memories"

Beauty of a common reedbuck! Nice mass on the nyala too.

Don't worry everyone has one or two animals they can't seem to connect on ... mine are zebra and bushbuck!!!

Congrats!

Congrats on your first safari.
Tell us about some of the stalks. Do you have any pictures of the landscape you were hunting in?

Here are a few pics of the landscape that we were hunting in. Everything from mountainous terrain to flatlands to long grass to thickets. We hunted in all of it.

Nothing like watching the bushes and grass shake and move and waiting to see what shows itself in a clearing or almost stepping on a black mamba while walking through the grass six foot tall.

The one pic is of our campfire where we told most of our "hunting lies" I mean stories

Attachments

• Africa pics 2011 022.jpg
    Africa pics 2011 022.jpg
    297.3 KB · Views: 146
  • Africa pics 2011 193.jpg
    Africa pics 2011 193.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 154
  • Africa pics 2011 082.jpg
    Africa pics 2011 082.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 134
  • Africa pics 2011 130.jpg
    Africa pics 2011 130.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 135
  • Africa pics 2011 204.jpg
    Africa pics 2011 204.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 166
  • Africa pics 2011 042.jpg
    Africa pics 2011 042.jpg
    507.4 KB · Views: 139
Bruinmaster~ Thanks for sharing all of your photos. You've got some really nice trophies to be proud of and some great memories to go along with it. I always enjoy the sunset photos but hard to capture what it really looks like and the campfires and memories of stories told around it can't be beat! Glad your travel arrangements went smoothly. I try to do everything possible on my end but the airlines have to do their part as well!

Great pictures of the terrain. Thanks. Amazing variety.

Well done!

Beautiful trophies and a happy hunter. What could be better? Well, if that happy hunter were me. But other than that.......:D

Those are great trophies!

I hope you are able to get them shipped to you ok. Many that have hunted with Dirk Terblanche have had problems getting their trophies shipped to them as I read it on this web site.

Thanks Terminator,

Yes I have heard that to. Unfortunately it was after my return home from the safari. I am working now to make sure that my trophies are handled properly. and shipped back to me. We will have to see what happens next.

congrats on some fine trophies.

Hi Bruinmaster
I never did get where it was that you hunted was it Aberfeldy Lodge? have you heard anything back yet on your mesurements. They sure look like some good one's

Bobpuckett,

I hunted with an outfit called TC Africa. Although I had a great trip and took some nice trophies I am having to work a little harder than I expected to in regards to getting my trophies handled properly. I have not got any response on the measurements yet either. I am confident that all will be worked out soon and I will let you know when I get those measurements.

Bob
TC Africa is Dirk Terblanche..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg