Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI,NRA,RMEF
Hunted
United States, Canada, South Africa x4
Got back from my first safari ever. 8 days in Kwa-Zulu Natal. I thought I was hooked on Africa before I went, but since I have been home it is all that I can think about. I can not wait to go back to Africa. I was unable to take all of the animals that I wanted to so that just means I have to start planning my next trip back. Lori from Travel Express set up all of my flight arrangements and everything she handled was perfect. She is awesome!

Here are a few pics of my trophies. Let me know what you think.

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Attachments

• IMG_0904.jpg
    IMG_0904.jpg
    379.5 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_1002.jpg
    IMG_1002.jpg
    380.9 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0879.jpg
    IMG_0879.jpg
    539.1 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0894.jpg
    IMG_0894.jpg
    402.7 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0987.jpg
    IMG_0987.jpg
    439.4 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0977.jpg
    IMG_0977.jpg
    813 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0873.jpg
    IMG_0873.jpg
    384.3 KB · Views: 119
Last edited by a moderator:
lOOKS LIKE YOU HAD A GREAT TRIP.I HAVE A FEW MONTH BEFORE I TAKE MY 12 YEAR OLD SON ON HIS TRIP.I HAVE A FEELING WE WILL WANT TO GO BACK AFTER THE TRIP TO.gREAT JOB TAKING SOME GREAT TROPHYS

All of your animals look like gold metal SCI animals. The oryx is very heavy, the common rhebok is fine, awesome nyala, great impala, beautiful zebra, and nice duiker and blesbok. Must of been a terrific outfitter and PH. And you did your part coming to Africa prepared. Congradulations!!!

Looks like another "Africa Addict" is born.

All of your animals look like gold metal SCI animals. The oryx is very heavy, the common rhebok is fine, awesome nyala, great impala, beautiful zebra, and nice duiker and blesbok. Must of been a terrific outfitter and PH. And you did your part coming to Africa prepared. Congradulations!!!

i could not agree more...

i could not agree more...

+1, well done! Glad you had a good time.

Congrats. Those look like fine trophies! I am right behind you, I will be in KZN in just a couple more weeks! What part of KZN did you hunt?

CONGRATS some fine trophys and I know what you mean the wife and I can't wait to get back our self. :)

I hunted near Pongola on a few different concessions. It sure is a beautiful area.

Congrats, looks like you had quite the trip. I hunted there for one day on my last trip, would have loved to stayed longer, but I was able to take a nice Nyala at that time.

Nice Harp shape on the Nyala and a very nice R-buck.
Couldn't wipe that grin off your face still.
Congratulations.

I hunted near Pongola on a few different concessions. It sure is a beautiful area.

Just looked it up on Google earth. That is quite picturesque country.

Thanks everyone. I am very pleased with the animals I got. A shootable Kudu and Bushbuck eluded me this trip and I missed my opportunity on two very nice Waterbuck that gave me the slip during my hunt. I was actually sick the entire trip and was struggling with catching my breath and breathing properly, but it didn't keep me from hunting. When I got home I was diagnosed with phnemonia and severe bronchitis and I am still recovering from it. I can not wait to go back. I would go back this year if I could afford it but with my wife due in June I don't think it will happen. But that just gives me something to look forward to and a chance to plan an even better triip next time.

Congratulations on your fine animals. My family and I are hunting with Harloo Safaris near Pongola next year. Can't wait to chase some of animals around myself.

Thanks for sharing your excellent trophies with us.

Excellent trophies, congratulations.

I hunted the same area last year, MKuze Falls PGR, it is really a beautiful land.

You have some great trophies there! I have to agree on that Oryx. Do you have the mesurements on him? I have to know what the bases score

Good stuff! Very nice reedbuck, must be around 14 inches! All very nice!

I actually did not score any of the animals while I was there. The African taxidermist said they would measure and score them for me and get back to me in a few days. I will let everyone know once I get the scores. The reedbuck was really old, no teeth, hooves warn down to nothing. Not sure what the bases of the oryx were but the PH said it was a good bull and heavy so I was pleased.

That Reedbuck does look a little gaunt he must have been in the old age home for sure. You took him just before the jackals and leopards could get him, just the way it should be done. Good for you.

Bruinmaster,

Good job! Nice mature trophies and the reedbuck is excellent. What's next on the list?

Mark

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg