Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
safari club,nra,d.s.c.
Hunted
south africa and zimbabwe.alaska and several lower 48 states.
deena and i just got back from a 5 day hunt with ernest dyason in south africa.lousy plane rides and umteen tick bites all over but we had a blast.as a serious hand gun hunter i was sad not to be able to use a handgun as south african express air no longer allowed handguns on board.but,i had my sabatti double in 9.3x74r that i wanted to try out.it worked perfectly!!!got my hippo,my main goal.got a beautiful sable,and a great old cape buff.what a way to end my african hunts.at 75 im to old for the plane rides and to cheap to spend 16000 on business class.the difference between coach and business payed for my buff.i have to say that ernest is a true pro,his camps are great,food is top notch,we would keep on going with him if we had the 20 year younger legs.i better say,my legs only,my wife had no problems keeping up.

009.JPG
022.JPG
039.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Edward. sounds like a great adventure with some very nice trophy's.

Thanks for sharing your story and pictures.

Business class is out of sight also, however it is always full.

I like your vest.

A great hunt, Edward, congrats. You took some fine trophies !
Thanks for sharing.

thanks guys,the vest is elephant hide from my elephant in zim,2011.

Congrats to you Sir on some great trophies! Thanks for the write up.

Congrats, some fine trophies! Stunning sable !

edward thanks for sharing your hunt and pics they were awesome, now lets hear about that Elephant your wearing and see some pics.

Absolutely proper buff! Well done young man!!

Edward your trophies are very impressive. I hope I can still go at 75. Also hope my PH, Hennie du Toit, at African Sky is still guiding by then. The vest us simply something for me to dream of getting one day. Thank you for sharing. Post more pictures when you can.

Edward,

Great last safari! You have some really nice trophies and memories there.

Hope I am able to make the trek at 75......Or be alive.

All the best.

After a woman has a baby, she often says "never again!" But a couple of years later, she has forgotten the pain, and only remembers the glorious result. 2 years later she's pregnant again.

In two years. Maybe you'll go on another safari. Your trophies are truly glorious. Especially that sable......well done.............FWB

Those are some great trophies Edward, and that vest is way cool!

I will hunt with Ernest for buffalo soon, and I hope I'm fortunate enough to get one as good as yours.

Thanks for sharing,
Jeff

What a trophies you got Edward.....I love all the 3 of them......great animals....!!!!!

Congrats buddye and thanks for share.....!!!!!

If that is the icing on the cake for you Edward I am bloody impressed.
Those are three incredible trophies to get at any bloody age, never mind 75.

Hats off to you sir. I hope I am still going to Africa at your age.

Hearty congratulations. Thanks for letting us know how it went.

Good looking trophies. Congrats on a great trip. Love the sable. Near the top of my current wish list. Love to hear some stories about the hunt. Bruce

Ernest is a class act. I've met him at the Calgary African Events Show a number of times. It was a hard decision not to choose him and Spear Safaris. However I am quite content with my choice.

Anyways, Congrats on your "Final Hunt". I agree with some that it may be like childbirth, you'll forget and go again. I especially like the sable. Truly a grand trophy.

thanks for all the good comments. jeff,you will have a great time with ernest you will love your buff.we hunted with him in 2005 when i took my first buff with my scope sighted handgun in 45-70 at 63 yards.this last bull is also great,old bulls both.my wife and i are handgun hunters and i had to use my double on this hunt as the air lines that takes us from joberg to ernest ,south african express,no longer transports handguns.as i wanted to take something dangerous in africa with my double everything worked out perfect anyway.good luck!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graciehayward01

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg