Some things can never be bettered?

The old red and black checkered wool coats. Carrying a length of rope wound around my waist to drag a deer. Single barrel shotgun with a spare round between my fingers.

I still have my grandfathers red and black wool coat hanging in my closet. Too big for me but I’ll never get rid of it.

Stanley metal flasks, Opinel wooden pocket knives with the circlip lock, a cut crystal glass for your G&T or Scotch that you take with packed carefully in your socks. A canvas and leather bag to pack in. Rich leather anything. Jerry cans.

The first cup of coffee in the morning before a hunt, no better way to start the day.
Unless you are a tea drinker...then it's Rooibos for you.
Enjoying the quiet moments before a hunt.
The anticipation and excitement of what's to come as you relax and wake up in the morning.
Making a plan for the morning based on what you know from last night.

I can't wait to go back...

The first cup of coffee in the morning before a hunt, no better way to start the day.
Unless you are a tea drinker...then it's Rooibos for you.
Enjoying the quiet moments before a hunt.
The anticipation and excitement of what's to come as you relax and wake up in the morning.
Making a plan for the morning based on what you know from last night.

I can't wait to go back...
BeeMaa, Rusk’s , What about Rusk’s with the morning Coffee. Coffee in the morning, Tea or Roobois in the evening if not drinking alcohol.

I think Rusk’s were the first things I asked about in camp. I read about them. A Rusk seems like a traditional thing. Even more “Authentic” if watching exotic game or ahh, African animals on the lands enjoying the morning Coffee.

The smell of horses and mules at first light in the Rockies either US or Can. The smell of cowboy coffee over an open fire and throw in the smell of tack as you saddle and pack for the day(s). A good diamond hitch or the smell of an eastern brook or cutthroat in the cast iron frying pan for evening meal.A cold tin mug of glacier water.

Thanks Kevin! A very enjoyable thread!
00B908F7-248F-4602-B09B-8555211261EC.jpeg

Carhartt brand coats like the one I used to wear when I was a hod tender for a brick mason and a good solid sheath knife. I still have a couple smaller “old timer” pocket knives in pockets of hunting vests and coats-just in case. . .
Had a folding buck knife too but mine was made by Klein tools-dad was an electrical supplier and loved Klein tools

Great Thread, I'll have to give this some thought.

OBS - Sedgwick's Old Brown Sherry, 3 legged stool with a full leather seat outside the tent to sit on in the morning to put on socks and Courtney's.
Army issue, green water battle in the original canvas pouch strapped on the back of your belt for a long days walk and stalk/ trek.
Plastic hot water bottle for the feet inside that old rectangular green sleeping bag...

7x57mm, 375 H&H, 500 Jeff
Land cruiser FJ 75 with the leaf springs up front.
Okapi knifes
Trekker coffee brewed on the fire
Zippo
Cast iron cookware and food cooked over the fire
Open air shower from water heated over the fire
Mepps spinners

This is the Opinel, do you get them in the States?View attachment 357125
Whole display of them in the gunshop that carries my knives Kevin. He is deleting a great many "other knives" from his display area to concentrate more on mine but the Opinel is going to stay. All the models from the little to the large

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaBlohm

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!