Lifetime bronze benefactor
Tikka is what you want. It fits the bill in every way!Hello all,
with the title I was obviously referring to the thread "308 Winchester Caliber Opinions" where 308 seemed liked by almost all for shots on medium game within 300meters. Now I would like your advice on the rifle.
I would like to find a light, short workhorse .308 with great quality. To be used on fox, european boar, roe deer and 'maybe' a red deer. The idea is like a single shot, simple elegant, light and short, but its' bolt action version.
- less than 1500 euro
- light, less than 3kg (if possible, even with scope and rings I'd like to stay even below)
- short, for moving in a blind, 18inch barrel?
- threaded barrel (suppressors are not yet allowed, but once they are..)
- synthetic stock (wood is beautyful, but heavy and not so weather resistant)
- adjustable cheekweld
- excellent build quality, reliability and trigger (obviously)
to be combined with a 1-6 or 1-8 variable optic, which would permit me a bit more comfort for those dreadful driven hunts at 1x and have a bit of magnification for shots inside of 200m.
one of the only rifles I have found that comes with most of this (but no adjustable cheek weld) is the:
I've looked at Tikka's, Sauer's, Mauser's, but all of them are so heavy (I own a Mauser M03 extreme in 300win mag, but it is very long, very very heavy, great for PG in Africa, not for the short ranges and smaller game in Belgian woods). Blaser (yes the R8) might actually be a good choice, but I will not put such money in one.