Snakes!

214724834_244208887229470_1902425711597457208_n.jpg

213319285_818925155684324_1096405616050556674_n.jpg

I note that on the mambas and cobras, the recommendation is to "rush to the hospital," while for all the others, it's "proceed to the hospital."

Keep the victim calm after a mamba/cobra envenomation??? I'm a pretty zen dude, but I'm also pretty sure I wouldn't be very zen if I'd just been envenomated by one of those. Or any of them, for that matter.

Fascinating to watch but creepy. Pix are about as close as I want to get. I'm lucky where I live, we very seldom have snakes at this elevation.

Thankfully no, copperhead, 4 courses of anti-venom before they got it under control.
Never understood how crofab was effective against copperhead venom. It's made from the venom of 3 rattlers and water moccasin

88473691-DE27-4F5C-BB8A-58F5DF8B3AFE.jpeg

My dad ran into these while clearing some kangaroo rat nests from his back yard. Bigger of the two rattled at him when he was raking a few feet away. Second one came out right after he shot the first.
Western Diamondbacks (although the big one looks a little like a Mojave).

Last edited:
Image1626051787.038188.jpg

Three rather large garter snakes in the Pocono Mtns area of PA today. Certainly not threatening, especially on the site. Lol. But I’ve never seen three together like this. Probably breeding and the third one is hoping to steal a mate.

Never understood how crofab was effective against copperhead venom. It's made from the venom of 3 rattlers and water moccasin

Apparently all three have the same active ingredient in their venom. I learned a lot more about it than I ever wanted to know. I have a 7’ king snake living under my front porch. Freaks the cat out but kills any rattlers or copperheads that come around the house. I call him Karl, we have an understanding.

View attachment 412100
Three rather large garter snakes in the Pocono Mtns area of PA today. Certainly not threatening, especially on the site. Lol. But I’ve never seen three together like this. Probably breeding and the third one is hoping to steal a mate.
Live here to have only seen a few rattle snakes over the years

View attachment 216048 View attachment 216047

I have no use for a snake! The top photo comes from my h7nting camp in Arkansas and the bottom near a river in South Africa. The top one died shortly after the picture was taken.
"The top one died shortly after the picture was taken." Natural causes I'd guess. That seems to happen a lot around our hunting camp in California too.

"The top one died shortly after the picture was taken." Natural causes I'd guess. That seems to happen a lot around our hunting camp in California too.
Yes indeed!

In Singapore in the 50's I witnessed a fight between a mongoose and smallish cobra. Mongoose won because they are so fast. There were a lot of cobras in the camp where I was, and just about every day you could hear the call "Ulah besar !" (big snake). At night we would carry a torch and big stick and tap the ground ahead as the snakes would come onto the tarseal at night for the warmth.

Australia king brown or mulga snake. This female was crossing the track near a lake at Narrandera in NSW. How big?, maybe 8 feet. I carry a snake bite kit in my SUV

Snake-1.jpg
Snake2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A mamba doing a pretty good impersonation of a U-boat was the most frightening African experience I have had (in this thread somewhere). However, the most lethal looking serpent that I have ever seen was, without a doubt, a Gaboon viper in Mozambique. A mamba seems almost intelligent - a Gaboon viper seems simply horror movie lethal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arecruitment880

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!