Snakes!

214724834_244208887229470_1902425711597457208_n.jpg
 
213319285_818925155684324_1096405616050556674_n.jpg
 
I note that on the mambas and cobras, the recommendation is to "rush to the hospital," while for all the others, it's "proceed to the hospital."

Keep the victim calm after a mamba/cobra envenomation??? I'm a pretty zen dude, but I'm also pretty sure I wouldn't be very zen if I'd just been envenomated by one of those. Or any of them, for that matter.
 
Fascinating to watch but creepy. Pix are about as close as I want to get. I'm lucky where I live, we very seldom have snakes at this elevation.
 
Thankfully no, copperhead, 4 courses of anti-venom before they got it under control.
Never understood how crofab was effective against copperhead venom. It's made from the venom of 3 rattlers and water moccasin
 
88473691-DE27-4F5C-BB8A-58F5DF8B3AFE.jpeg

My dad ran into these while clearing some kangaroo rat nests from his back yard. Bigger of the two rattled at him when he was raking a few feet away. Second one came out right after he shot the first.
Western Diamondbacks (although the big one looks a little like a Mojave).
 
Last edited:
Image1626051787.038188.jpg

Three rather large garter snakes in the Pocono Mtns area of PA today. Certainly not threatening, especially on the site. Lol. But I’ve never seen three together like this. Probably breeding and the third one is hoping to steal a mate.
 
Never understood how crofab was effective against copperhead venom. It's made from the venom of 3 rattlers and water moccasin

Apparently all three have the same active ingredient in their venom. I learned a lot more about it than I ever wanted to know. I have a 7’ king snake living under my front porch. Freaks the cat out but kills any rattlers or copperheads that come around the house. I call him Karl, we have an understanding.
 
View attachment 412100
Three rather large garter snakes in the Pocono Mtns area of PA today. Certainly not threatening, especially on the site. Lol. But I’ve never seen three together like this. Probably breeding and the third one is hoping to steal a mate.
Live here to have only seen a few rattle snakes over the years
 
View attachment 216048 View attachment 216047

I have no use for a snake! The top photo comes from my h7nting camp in Arkansas and the bottom near a river in South Africa. The top one died shortly after the picture was taken.
"The top one died shortly after the picture was taken." Natural causes I'd guess. That seems to happen a lot around our hunting camp in California too.
 
"The top one died shortly after the picture was taken." Natural causes I'd guess. That seems to happen a lot around our hunting camp in California too.
Yes indeed!
 
In Singapore in the 50's I witnessed a fight between a mongoose and smallish cobra. Mongoose won because they are so fast. There were a lot of cobras in the camp where I was, and just about every day you could hear the call "Ulah besar !" (big snake). At night we would carry a torch and big stick and tap the ground ahead as the snakes would come onto the tarseal at night for the warmth.
 
A mamba doing a pretty good impersonation of a U-boat was the most frightening African experience I have had (in this thread somewhere). However, the most lethal looking serpent that I have ever seen was, without a doubt, a Gaboon viper in Mozambique. A mamba seems almost intelligent - a Gaboon viper seems simply horror movie lethal.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,325
Messages
1,573,122
Members
169,705
Latest member
FeliciaBid
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top