Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
PA SCI, Various Endless Mtns., PA Region Clubs
Hunted
Zimbabwe 3x, Namibia 2x, RSA 2x, USA, Canada
With so many pages I'm sure it's been covered. The knives with the Green River style point are best as they are designed to ride on top of the entrails upside down while gutting. A smaller lighter knife is Handy for skinning but the larger knife easily breaks through rib cages etc as necessary. Many moons ago a fisherwoman gave me a knife set as a birthday present on a hunt. Still use them to this day but cary even lighter stuff on a mountain hunt. The larger knife has the Green River style convex top at the point but it's sort of obscured by the gut hook.

IMG_20220511_115650~2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

robtattoo

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
Namibia
Little late to the party.....
These are 2 I made myself (I used to build knives for a living before I moved Stateside)

Both are simple O1 tool steel with blaze G10 handles. Top blade is 7/32" and is pretty hefty. I built it for my first elk hunt back in 2012.
The bottom knife has been my go to for 16 years & has been through countless critters. 1/8" thick & is just about perfect, to my mind.

20220812_183244.jpg

BeeMaa

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA Life Member, SCI
Hunted
Eastern US & RSA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
epoxyconformal

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nevada Mike wrote on qmrp2567's profile.
375 H&H brass...

I'd like to have them. $125 for the 100 cases, don't want the smashed ones.

I am in Sonoita, AZ

Mike
We cannot wait to share in some amazing adventures with everyone in 2023 again! Please don't hesitate to message us for a quote, customized safari or even just a chat! #HuntBaylySippel
BLJC30 wrote on Tgood1's profile.
I seen a post saying that you do taxidermy in WV. Where are you located in WV and do you have a price list?
I'm going on my first safari in June.
SteveSac wrote on mdwest's profile.
Hey There,

Im looking to book my first African Safari for 2024 for my 40th birthday. I've never hunted Africa before, but was going to head to SA with my wife for a week then see her off and then stay and hunt.

Saw your safari come up as a recommendation and wondering if you had any time to chat.
Thanks!
Steve
ofbiro wrote on Theleatherman's profile.
Hi Theleatherman, I attach two price lists, one in English, one in Italian, because several words of the language used by the agent are very difficult to understand. If you get in touch with Laszlo Keresztes (owner/manager) tell him that you got the name from Paolo Sinha, italian hunter.
Suerte!