Shot Placement Video

stug

AH fanatic
Joined
Dec 8, 2014
Messages
923
Reaction score
1,116
Location
Canterbury, New Zealand
Media
9
Articles
3
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
1
Hunted
NZ
Found this, thought it might be interesting. They have gone to the extent of freezing animals then scanning and cutting in half to show the actual size and placement of the vital organs. Very informative.


Screen Shot 2016-08-05 at 5.50.55 PM.png
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I only watched a piece but I am hung to definitely sit and watch it. Looks really good. Thanks for posting.
 
Yes thanks for posting the video!
 
Interesting. Good work!
 
Found this, thought it might be interesting. They have gone to the extent of freezing animals then scanning and cutting in half to show the actual size and placement of the vital organs. Very informative.


View attachment 156895
Very well done. Thanks for posting.
 
Very good info. Nice to see vitals and crosshairs on the animal. I'm going to set up targets and a cow bell to try it with my air rifle just as he did. Looks like a great and cheap idea for practice.

Thanks Stug for the info!

I also really like Your home country. I'm ready to go visit again.
 
I watched it again. I highly recommend this video. It really put into my mind that I definitely tend to shoot higher than ideal. It gives me confidence to shoot lower than I was comfortable with. Also that wildebeest image is an eye opener.
 
Stug, thanks for posting it.

This is an excellent video, viewing it should be part of the preparation of every hunter going afield.
 
I only intended to skim thru the video, but he got me...I watched almost the entire thing, save for some of the dramatic "stalking up, listen to the tune" bits.
quite interesting.
 
Great video - very informative.
 
Great videos!!
 
Explains not only the where, but why. Very informative.
 
Some good info in the vid but what really annoys me is when they are stalking TOWARDS the camera which means that the camera is between the stalker and the prey which makes stalking BS. The camera should be behind the stalker for it to have any legitimacy either that or there is no need to stalk and a straight up walk is all that is needed
 
Man, I am guilty of not firing ten shots at targets per live animal. In fact, I think I shoot more animals than paper! Good video.
 
Outstanding.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,435
Messages
1,576,124
Members
170,518
Latest member
LamarKovac
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top