Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
Here is my latest video with some thoughts to consider as you select an outfitter and plan a safari. This is directed towards a typical plains game safari that you would find in South Africa or Namibia.

Screen Shot 2022-08-13 at 4.50.36 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Phillip, I really appreciate your videos! Great advise from your experience of, "been there, done that".

Thanks, for doing another one of your videos, I have enjoyed watching them and the information is always helpful.

Great video!

OT, but I`m interested in the skinny on that Pelican hard-sidled suitcase in the background - including the storage liner.

Really good information and well made video. Thank you for producing and sharing it!

Great video!

OT, but I`m interested in the skinny on that Pelican hard-sidled suitcase in the background - including the storage liner.
Yea I just got the suitcase last year and it will be on its third safari soon. I am happy with it but they are expensive and unforgiving being hard sided versus an expandable suitcase. With 3-4 safaris or international trips a year I can justify it.

I have only discovered your videos since joining AH. If I had seen them before my S.A. trip I could have avoided a few things (That have kept me from posting a hunt summary of trip #1)
Thank you. I will definitely be using info learned from you and AH forum before I return.

Badjer, it is always nice to read a hunt report, the good along with the bad. It may help someone else from falling into the pit traps that happen.

On my first Safari the hunt went fantastic, but then we hired out outfitter as a guide for the next week and a half. After the second day I flat out told him that we needed to slow down so that we could see the country. He was so busy getting us from one attraction to the next that we were missing some of the most beautiful areas in South Africa on our trip along the southern cost and then through the wine country. I also told him after one horrific night stay in a "wayfarers inn" that I would be happy to spend more money just to get a good nights sleep and a hot shower than staying in a place that is more inclined to those who were trying to do it on the cheap.

Once we came to these understandings the rest of the time was fantastic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ekaterina Lobach North Fork Bullets

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!