Scrum cap buffalo

the bull on my avatar was not a scrum cap, but had one broken horn. thats what i asked my outfitter if he had a broken horned bull on the property. just seemed ....more cool to me. an older, warrior bull. seemed like the better one for me to hunt.

Could you explain.
You bet.

Due to my own personal financial circumstances; a Cape buffalo hunt would only be the result of me standing on the street corner and begging for one. Therefore if someone took pity on me and granted me a Cape buffalo hunt, I could not be to picky about the buffalo I hunt.

You bet.

Due to my own personal financial circumstances; a Cape buffalo hunt would only be the result of me standing on the street corner and begging for one. Therefore if someone took pity on me and granted me a Cape buffalo hunt, I could not be to picky about the buffalo I hunt.
That's my financial situation too!!! I'd be happy with a cow hunt or just a blue wildebeest lol

The scrum caps for me are just special and do make for a great conversation piece. These are the other buffalo we spotted in that herd.
A76DE777-2849-4514-80D1-06982C7EDDC8.jpeg
E83FA749-0327-4F7C-9423-7C5E9D97E50D.jpeg
A8692A17-F864-4FB8-87DD-A95EFB029B7A.jpeg

For my first Buffalo I would want it to be a “normal” one, but still well aged. After that a scrum cap would be awesome! Thanks for the cool pictures

After I took a couple of full horned buff, I’d take a scrum cap.
This for me. I leave in 4 weeks for my first buff hunt in Zim. I told my PH scrum cap bulls are cool but not for my first buff. I'm looking for that classic deep curl bull then after I get a few bulls like that, I'd consider these type bulls. But I do understand the allure of one.

I'd take a scrum cap over a unicorn. The older the better. Anything that gets to be that old is something special.

Spotted this old boy yesterday. He may not have a wide spread but wow check those bosses! I would take this 38 ish inch over a 45 inch just to get those bosses! Now imagine this was also a scrum cap!

F2690C40-477F-4141-8553-CF09EB4E1EC4.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Spotted this old boy yesterday. He may not have a wide spread but wow check those bosses! I would take this 38 ish inch over a 45 inch just to get those bosses! Now imagine this was also a scrum cap!
Wow

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LawerenceC

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!