I’ll never ask to shoot it. You’re tougher than I am.Putting a big scope on a small rifle annoys me (my 375 is a 6.8 pound carbine).
I agree.Euro optic has the VX 5 1-5 on clearance for 549. Amazing scope for that price
@Alaska LukeSo I have a 375 Ruger coming home from the gunsmith soon. I've been using it with 1.5-4 Leopold VX scope. It's a good system, I'd just like a bit more magnification.
Here are options I've considered
- Long eye relief
- Low power, 1x would be ideal, definitely nothing over 2x.
- Light weight
- I don't really feel the need for illumination
So anyone got an idea for a 1-8 or 1-6 type scope that is sub $500 and sub 1 pound? I've looked but most are heavy duty military type scopes. I wish Leopold would make a simple 1-8 scope. If nothing else I could run 2 scopes with QD rings but I'd prefer to keep it simple with just one scope.
- A Leopold 2-7 scope. I had one but it got stuck on the 308 for kids to use. I could buy another one but fov seems a bit less then ideal on a charging bear.
- Leopold 1.5-5. Small improvement, not sure its worth while.
- I tried a Vortex 1-8. It was to big and heavy for my, it seemed to throw the balance off. And the eye relief wasn't quite enough.