SCI Nashville

I just bought a 4 day for me and the wife. Looking at hotels now. Several are booked up but there are a couple around close that are not on the list that have comparable pricing to the ones on the list.

A question for you guys that go to this regularly. Is the whole 4 days necessary? I don't think we will attend any of the dinners or anything. Probably just walking around and talking and maybe do some shopping. Can you get that done with 2 days?

Two days can work if you’re focused and know who you want to talk to.

Wow! The 4 day pass is $335. That seems a little steep, is it required to get a membership as well? I plan to go since it is in Nashville, which is only a couple hours from the house. The wife and I attended the DSC this year, which was our first one, and we really enjoyed it. I would love to go back next year but with SCI being this close it is hard to pass that up. Does AH jave a dinner for the SCI like they do at the DSC? Really had a good time at the AH dinner, got to meet some great people and make a few new friends.
No what is steep is a dinner for two people for $450. That is outrageous

A question for you guys that go to this regularly. Is the whole 4 days necessary? I don't think we will attend any of the dinners or anything. Probably just walking around and talking and maybe do some shopping. Can you get that done with 2 days?
Yes but two days is really cutting it short. Remember this is the largest show of its kind. It will take a day IMO just to get the layout figured out it is so massive! You should consider the Night of the Hunter banquet at the Wildhorse on Thursday night even if you are not game for other banquets. Those who have never attended an SCI evening banquet I encourage you to do so. You will really see SCI shine at these incredible events.
I’ll be there all week and hope we can pull off an AH get together. We have done this in the past at a bar.
See y’all there!
Philip

Attachments

• ConventionProductsPricing.pdf
    537.2 KB · Views: 54
I just bought a 4 day for me and the wife. Looking at hotels now. Several are booked up but there are a couple around close that are not on the list that have comparable pricing to the ones on the list.
You will not regret it. In two days you will cover most of it but then want to go back and talk to someone further about a hunt or connect with a former PH, etc and this is where the extra time comes in handy.

I’m only going to the convention hall with my wife on Saturday. Hoping AH will do a dinner like we did at DSC one night
It is very hard, if not impossible, to set up an AH dinner in Nashville. The more likely scenario would be a bar get together early evening.
I am glad you will be there and you must look me up.
It will be a fantastic time!
Philip
PS. So we can’t get you in a monkey suit for the big Saturday banquet?

I live in Nashville and will be happy to try and coordinate a dinner/cocktail gathering etc. I have not been to an AH gathering at DSC or otherwise, so not sure of how many folks/logistics or otherwise. I am on the board of the Music City Chapter of SCI so will discuss with our board an opportunity to assist in putting something together. Great bunch of folks. We all know a lot of the restaurant owners all over Nashville, so once we have an idea of who might be attending, I can get some thoughts out to the group. I for one do not go to the banquet dinners, been there, done that, so that opens up evenings for me. I do have to attend the Tuesday evening Berreta event though. My thought would be a Wednesday, Thursday or Friday evening. I am open to suggestions from casual dining, steakhouse, to cigar bar. I am sure I can lean on @BRICKBURN for historical details of attendance.

Don’t forget the interesting and informative seminars at SCI. The list does not come out until closer to show time.

351B4485-3ED2-41A1-9906-76605B70DDC1.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have our room booked at the Hyatt for 4 nights and am excited about the show. Do you have to buy tickets in advance for the convention ?

I have our room booked at the Hyatt for 4 nights and am excited about the show. Do you have to buy tickets in advance for the convention ?
It is best to do so. If you buy a life membership you get a free convention registration.

After going to the DSC this year and also the NWTF I do have to say I enjoyed the atmosphere of the DSC considerably more than the NWTF and I'm sure the SCI may be even larger than the DSC but by the time I pay for a membership and get me and the wife a 4 day pass you're looking at $700 plus. I don't know if it is worth quite that much to me. I may drive down and do a one day pass but you really just can't hardly see everything and chat with every body in one day. I guess we shall see. I'm sure I'll end up going anyway, but I mean you can shoot a damn Zebra for what it would cost me and the wife to walk around there for a couple days. LOL!
I am a life member of both and have attended both fairly often (Dallas every year recently). We MUCH prefer DSC. To us at least, it has a much different and friendlier feel to the event. I personally believe that is due to large number of volunteers who make it go and the more general target audience. SCI, at least to me, always seems a bit more "exclusive" if I am being polite, or "snooty" if being critical, than Dallas. If I have to, I can do snooty - just don't much like wallowing in it for several days.

That said, Dallas, due to the expense of SCI admission, will have far more tire kickers than Nashville. The outfitter community does equally well at both.

We have our usual reservations for the Adolphus in Dallas. We typically arrive on a Wednesday and depart on Saturday to avoid the weekend crush. For first timers at either venue, I would strongly recommend at least three full days.

Going to one of the big dinner/auctions is a bit of a right of passage. Do at least one and decide if that is on your future to do list. We have a lot of friends in the industry and will spend our evenings at small dinners with them and, of course, our fellow AH members.

Last edited:
Completely agree on the dinner/auctions…

We did probably a half dozen of those over the course of a couple of years.. and then stopped doing them…

Nothing wrong with them.. just not our proverbial cup of tea… we prefer smaller, closer events with friends and industry folk we know..

I will be at DSC again unless bedridden. Still considering SCI since I have never been. A day at the show and a day touring downtown Nashville since I have never spent any time there. In my younger days, drove through Nashville several times on my way to or from Ft, Bragg. I will make an AH dinner if one is put together, but would never pay $450 for a dinner regardless of the circumstances. So we will see.

It is very hard, if not impossible, to set up an AH dinner in Nashville. The more likely scenario would be a bar get together early evening.
I am glad you will be there and you must look me up.
It will be a fantastic time!
Philip
PS. So we can’t get you in a monkey suit for the big Saturday banquet?
Lol! We will see

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelitaAu

Latest profile posts

Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,