SCI Adopts Policy On Captive Bred Lions

Paul, I do appreciate your presence on this forum.

With respect to this comment, I have to say I find it a bit ironic when you consider how many people resigned from PHASA over a decision it made with which they didn't agree.

I assume you support those resignations?

By the way, I'm not going to resign from SCI!
@Hank2211 Again, I am speaking for myself and not SCI when I say, I find it unfortunate, that PHASA was split and lost members, and a new group was formed. To be honest, can't say I support the resignations, because you had a group of dedicated folks who left over what was a very controversial issue and although they started a new group, it's just more hunters divided which is not good for the hunting community. I have friends in both organizations and intend to keep these friendships. I understand what the difference of opinion is, as I have attended the PHASA AGM before and have seen it first hand. This being said, I would guess that on the total, I would bet that both groups AGREE on 99% of everything else and it's unfortunate that the 1% split a group. Some of you may recall just a few years ago in Wisconsin, the Crossbow guys were in a tussle with the vertical bow guys over the archery season. It's never a good thing to have hunters split over a difference of opinion, we should be able to disagree, and still work together on the big picture.

My question is what does this mean for the future of lion hunting in South Africa? There is still a demand and as long as that demand is there will it be supplied?? I hope to god it does. We all know that funds generated go towards conservation and in some cases the bones from the hunted lion goes out to China for erectile medication (or whatever else they claim it helps with). That in turn has now filled another gap in the market.

My question is what does this mean for the future of lion hunting in South Africa? There is still a demand and as long as that demand is there will it be supplied?? I hope to god it does. We all know that funds generated go towards conservation and in some cases the bones from the hunted lion goes out to China for erectile medication (or whatever else they claim it helps with). That in turn has now filled another gap in the market.
Hi Norfolk Shooter, The entire 242 posts on this thread is dizzying at best, but here is my take on it. Yes you can go hunt one of these lions today as I can, don't know if you can take it back to England. We cannot bring them to the U.S. The tricky word in your question is future. Depending on how far into the future you are referring to, I would say no one knows. Far enough into the future I would submit you won't legally be able to hunt Texas jack rabbits, but not likely in my time left here! So I would suggest to you to go hunt your South African lion now and not be concerned of what someone else thinks. As far as Chinese erectile dysfunction medicine goes, I have no idea!!!

Hi Norfolk Shooter, The entire 242 posts on this thread is dizzying at best, but here is my take on it. Yes you can go hunt one of these lions today as I can, don't know if you can take it back to England. We cannot bring them to the U.S. The tricky word in your question is future. Depending on how far into the future you are referring to, I would say no one knows. Far enough into the future I would submit you won't legally be able to hunt Texas jack rabbits, but not likely in my time left here! So I would suggest to you to go hunt your South African lion now and not be concerned of what someone else thinks. As far as Chinese erectile dysfunction medicine goes, I have no idea!!!

As far as I know we can still import lion into the UK. Based on this I want to get out to SA and take one next year. To this end I have contacted Umlilo about the deal they have on the forum however the hunt has to be done this year.

As far as I know we can still import lion into the UK. Based on this I want to get out to SA and take one next year. To this end I have contacted Umlilo about the deal they have on the forum however the hunt has to be done this year.
Regardless of when you go and who you hunt with......Good Luck! And give us a good report with lots of pics!!!

Regardless of when you go and who you hunt with......Good Luck! And give us a good report with lots of pics!!!

Shall do. The only problem is he isn't too sure if the hunts will be available next year :cry:

Going out of business sale?
Who knows but if the demand decreases so will the supplies. I just hope to god the deals are still there next year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephaineT

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!