Sauer 100 Black in 9.3x62

been a fan of various 9.3 rifles for many years. i've got one and it has become a favorite. just deer and a couple elk so far with the sauer. very light and handy and for what i do that's a plus.
1681941497305.png

1681941211527.png

1681941125013.png

I agree with the caliber!
As far as being ugly, it’s not as bad as some budget American rifles I’ve seen.
I think the Savage Axis line takes the cake in that department.

Hawk
Hawk I like the shape of the stock but black plastic is just butt ugly. This is what I did with my Ruger American stock. This stock was hydro dipped in a burlwood pattern. Same stock but much more aesthetically appealing IMHO. Plus it only cost slightly over $100 US.
IMG_4001.jpeg

Who did your hydro dip?

Hawk I like the shape of the stock but black plastic is just butt ugly. This is what I did with my Ruger American stock. This stock was hydro dipped in a burlwood pattern. Same stock but much more aesthetically appealing IMHO. Plus it only cost slightly over $100 US.View attachment 534577
I don’t mind black stocks at all. But that looks really sharp.

The weight of the rifle with scope is just hair over 8lbs.
It’s synthetic stock is the most ridged one I’ve ever had. Plus it has a pillar bedding in it, which are aluminum blocks, that the action screws pass through to the receiver.
With the geometry of the stock, and depending on how you want to load your ammo, it shoots rather mildly on up to beast mode with the stout 9.3x62 loads. All up to the individual.
Now, with the stout loads, it’s recoil is manageable, compared to my .300 Win Mag, which can be punishing.
I find that if I’m going to shoot a 286 gr bullet in the high 2300 fps and 2400 fps area, it has more gusto downrange than the .300 Win Mag.

Hawk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Walkerph

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you