Sable Pictures

Roosevelt Sable taken in July 2016, Mozambique. Just to give an idea of the size, Rowland ward is just over 33 inches for Roosevelt, if you were to compare to common Sable, equivalent would be about 53.75 inches. View attachment 157610

And a free range wild Sable hunt. That's what dreams are made of!

One day....

What a beauty Simon!

Roosevelt Sable taken in July 2016, Mozambique. Just to give an idea of the size, Rowland ward is just over 33 inches for Roosevelt, if you were to compare to common Sable, equivalent would be about 53.75 inches. View attachment 157610
Holly cow Simon. That's an awesome sable. Well done sir!

very nice simon :D Beers:

TMS what are your average sable in horn length ?

@jeff , I would guess about 39. These are wild Roosevelt sable, big difference. Hunting conditions were really hard this last month, grass was long and green, but dried out quickly this last week. We did see two bulls bigger, but couldn't get the shots.

@spike.t , guessing you going to knock me out the water with Bruce. Looking forward to the report. :D Beers:

@spike.t , a little pressure is always a good thing..

Sometimes you just get lucky, we had forgotten the frying pan and were 5 minutes out of camp, busy doing a u turn to go fetch pan when this bull walked out of a thicket, would never have seen him if we hadn't stopped to turn. First morning of safari and all over in 30 minutes.
L1020272.JPG

When lady luck walks your way, you didn't turn the beautiful animal down, great job on a beautiful animal TMS!

WOW 44.5 inches is a stud! Nice dark color.

nice sable , congratulations top the hunter

Nice bull @TMS !!!

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois