Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI Life Member, DSC, NRA Life Member
Hunted
Canada, RSA, USA, Zimbabwe
Just ordered a pair of Russell Moccasin Co "Mbogo" boots in cape buffalo hide. Wondering if anyone had any experience with them?

I have their PH model and love them.

I ordered my PH-IIs after reading Jeromes article on this site. I think that was how I actually found this site, now that I think about it. They are an amazing boot, highest quality without question. I've tried a lot of boots in my expereince the Russel is the very best made. Take good care of your feet.

FFemt,

Have MBOGO, and the GRAND SLAM Sheep hunter boots, fine gripp and keep the ankles safe.

Monish

I have a pair of the ph II's, the ones with the crepe sole. when I was in S. Africa last year, the ph's commented on how quiet they were and asked for information on where to purchase them. they are great. I have some pull ons as well, and because they are true "mocassins", they have no insoles. I picked up some insoles for arch support and tyey now are like hunting in bedroom slippers

I have a set of there African PH's, and a pair of their sheep hunters--good boots, for africa I prefer the courtney shoes for my feet, but the russells are top notch... I love my sheep hunters!!!

Ed

Where do you buy these boots in SA and what price?

I have a pair of PH's and High Country Hunters. Had the latter resoled this year and the PH's refurbished. I have had them both for over 15 years. They are a lifetime boot with care and periodic maintenance. Nothing is more comfortable on my feet.

I have tried lots of boots including courtneys and others. I liked the courtneys when I got them and hunted with them in Tanzania. Then I got a pair of Russel PH's and I have not put on anything else for hunting in Africa since then. They are light, quiet, and easy on the feet. After my rifle they are the most important hunting gear I have.

Where can we buy these boots in SA???????????

grumpy....................I see you are not getting an answer to your specific question. I do not believe that there are Russell Moccasin Co. dealers and that you have to order direct from the company. They will ship anywhere in the world.

Their website is Russell Moccasin Co. - Sportsmen's Footwear Since 1898 - Fine handmade custom fitted moccasin style boots and shoes for hunters and outdoors men and women!

Don't take what I say as gospel as I could easily be wrong. Go to their website and send them an e-mail and get it from the horses mouth.

Cheers!

grumpy, I just called Russell Moccasin Co., they do not have any dealers selling their products in South Africa but as Skyline mentioned if you order online through their website, they will ship their products anywhere in the world...

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. Looking at another hiking boot in SA.

Holy crap! I've been shooting the Iron Man 250 tournament at the Berlin Conservation Club in Berlin, WI for the last 12 years and didn't even know that Russell Moccasin was located there. Talk about missed opportunity!

Looks like I'll have to pay those nice folks a visit...

- browningbbr

I will be the one dissenting voice on this thread.

In January my wife was fitted in the Russell booth at the SCI convention. We received the boots about 4 weeks late. They were at least two sizes too big. We sent them back with specific instructions (plus they had the measurements they took). The boots arrived about mid August (two weeks prior to us leaving for Moz and Zim). They still did not fit. As of today they are not sorted out.

This seems to be a common theme with Russell recently. I own a pair that I want different soles but have been scared to send them back to Russell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imogen6571

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois