Ruger No 1 Scope options

I put a Leupold M-8 fixed 6x on mine. I really like having the extended ring. It allowed me to move the scope back just enough so that it’s perfect, especially when wearing fall/winter clothing.

That scope position looks perfect!
 
All of my #1s have Leupold scores utilizing Ruger scope rings.
 
Bringing this old thread back up. I have a recently acquired Ruger no 1 in .375hh and looking at the Ruger rings. Any reason not to use them?
 
If they work use them. I ended up having to get the extension rings for the 2.5-8 I used. Front and rear. If you need different heights than what you have let me know. I have plenty of Ruger rings I do not have mounted now.

Ruger rings sometimes will scratch your scope quicker than leupold rings will. They have sharp edges. Check them and touch up as needed
 
Thanks. Looking at a 2-10x 42 mm Leupold VX5 at the moment
 
Currently running a Leupold freedom scout on my 30-06, a Trijicon accupoint on my 458, and a vortex 4-12 on my 7x57
 
When I switched to 30mm rings on any of my Rugers, I purchased leupolds. I did recently pick up some Alaskan Arms rings, and they are the nicest rings I’ve ever used, but I got a a crazy great deal on them. I do not know your budget, so leupolds work great for the money, but Alaskan arms if you really want to deck it out.
 
I really like the Alaskan Arms detachable rings. A bit more exspensive but worth every penny. I have a set on my Ruger #1s in 375H&H and my 9.3x74r. Would not change a thing. You actually talk to the owner when you call thier phone number.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,337
Messages
1,573,264
Members
169,730
Latest member
loylisadre1982
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top