Ruger M77 Compact

Have you ever considered something like Cerakote on the stainless to get rid of the bright, shining look. Or camo duct tape:)

RugerFan no I I have not considered an alteration to the two Rugers I have in bright Stainless. I have not found this to hinder my hunting activity in any way. I have a lot of trophies on the wall that have fallen to the #1 in 300 WinMag.
image.jpg
 
Very nice looking rifle and it has the correct color of scope too!:) Very nice gun rack/ Black Wildebeest too.

I've read where the dull, bead blasted stainless that is common now is a cheaper finish for rifle makers, but the marketing guys put the spin on about being lower glare, etc. Rifle makers have even moved away from the highly polished blued finish to the matte finishes.
 
That's really nice Charlie! Both the rifle and the thought behind it.
 
Thanks Royal.
 
image.jpg

This one is mine in 308 that was built in bright stainless! It's a great deer rifle and I wouldn't hesitate to hunt plains game with it.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,324
Messages
1,572,930
Members
169,651
Latest member
MelanieBou
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top