ROMANIA: Has Anyone Hunted With Romania Hunting Outfitters (George) Recently?

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Eastern Cape, Free State, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia, Tanzania, Uganda
As the title states, anyone hunted with George Dumitru recently? We were supposed to go in 2020, but thanks to shutdowns/lock downs/flights cancelled, it has been postponed for 2 years.

The outfitter has been hard to get in touch with recently, and wanting to see if anyone else on here has experienced the same?

As the title states, anyone hunted with George Dumitru recently? We were supposed to go in 2020, but thanks to shutdowns/lock downs/flights cancelled, it has been postponed for 2 years.

The outfitter has been hard to get in touch with recently, and wanting to see if anyone else on here has experienced the same?
Hope it works out for you bud. Fingers crossed.

pm me.

It may be best to postpone due to the war. I would really like to go hunt there soon.

Same here. Was planning to go hunt stag in 2023 but on hold now.
The AH sponsor for Romania looks good to me. I’d like to go for most everything on offer. I’ve always had this idea and fascination of hunting Eastern Europe. A real old world experience! I’d like to find a castle to stay in. And the dreaming goes on and on…….

It may be best to postpone due to the war. I would really like to go hunt there soon.

Will be there in about a month and a couple other Eastern European counties. Not for hunting though. Not concerned about the war.

Last edited:
I disagree with this. We need to travel while we can. If Russia was to expand war into a NATO country none of us would be traveling anywhere in the world on vacation for a long time. I’ll be hunting roe bucks near Warsaw Poland in July. There is no reason not to go hunting in an EU and NATO country. As unfortunate as what is happening in Ukraine is, it doesn’t affect hunting in adjacent counties.

While I agree with "the war" not being in Eastern Europe, I also have postponed a family/roe buck trip this summer bc of it. I'm not willing to have my family exposed to anything that might break out although I realize getting killed in Chicago is a greater possibility. BTW, I don't go to Chicago either :) If it was just me, I'd go without reservation.
Charles, let's go together :D

Some possible perspective.

662,751 Ukranian refugees entered Romania thus far. That is a 3.5% population increase.

For scaIe, imagine that 11.5 million refugees just crossed the border into Texas and New Mexico and Arizona. Anyone see any issues?

Hopefully, George is just having a hard time finding a new cell phone after losing the last one.

Thanks for all who have commented, anyone else have any experience with this outfitter?

Some possible perspective.

662,751 Ukranian refugees entered Romania thus far. That is a 3.5% population increase.

For scaIe, imagine that 11.5 million refugees just crossed the border into Texas and New Mexico and Arizona. Anyone see any issues?

Hopefully, George is just having a hard time finding a new cell phone after losing the last one.
Perhaps you have not seen the news, but thousands are daily crossing into Texas and they just keep coming.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps you have not seem the news, but thousands are daily crossing into Texas and they just keep coming.
That's what I was thinking when I read "imagine"....

Thanks for all who have commented, anyone else have any experience with this outfitter?

We went with him in 2019 and had a fabulous time. Hunting and touring. We went thru Budapest, then stayed 4 days after our trip to Romania and toured Budapest on our own. Randy

I have also been trying to get hold of George for a couple of months about a red stag trip me and a couple buddies have got booked for this September. Bit worrying that I'm not the only one not getting a response. I hope he is ok

We went with him in 2019 and had a fabulous time. Hunting and touring. We went thru Budapest, then stayed 4 days after our trip to Romania and toured Budapest on our own. Randy

Did you have any trophies shipped home? I hunted with him in October of 2021 and I am still waiting on communication for the shipping of some completed European mounts

I was booked for this September with George. I made the decision to cancel last week. He looked at the message I sent in whatsapp but never responded.
Just over a year ago or so he answered every message quickly. Now it's nearly impossible to get a response and he's changed his number a few times since then. He never answered the last 2 messages I sent at all.
We talked on the phone in about October and he said he would call me in January to confirm dates and such after he was done with all hunting for the year.
I've not heard a word since.

I was booked for this September with George. I made the decision to cancel last week. He looked at the message I sent in whatsapp but never responded.
Just over a year ago or so he answered every message quickly. Now it's nearly impossible to get a response and he's changed his number a few times since then. He never answered the last 2 messages I sent at all.
We talked on the phone in about October and he said he would call me in January to confirm dates and such after he was done with all hunting for the year.
I've not heard a word since.
Probably a smart decision, none of those are good signs, especially the frequently changing phone numbers. Hopefully no one has a large deposit down.

Hello everybody and Happy Easter!

I am sorry for all inconvenience, but the email problems was not my fault. When I build my website the team that did it, set a limit for the capacity storage of my inbox and send box. It looks like when the limit is about to be reach, the emails come and go randomly. The website developer said I shloud receive and a warning email. Maybe I missed that email or erase it by mistake, I don't know. And I wasn't worry because of the very few email that I received because people are not very interested considering the war and Covid situation.

The problem is solved now but the damage is done.

I don't know if it is allowed to put my phone number since I couldn't afford to be a sponsor here, but I will post them anyway

PM for contact numbers

You can call me anytime or leave a message if I don't have signal.

But I prefer that all discution to be done over the email. Mot of the hunters have 2 or 3 hunting trips each year. I have hundred of clients, I can not remember all details of their hunts if the discussion is on 2 places.

As for big deposits I never did that,

All of you that have to receive trophies will do it in the next 3 weeks.

Once again, my email are fully working now.

PS: Wade I am deply sorry about this. You were the only client that book a hunt with me and no outfitter should dissapoint a hunter like. Well no outfitter should disspoint any client but I am sure you understand what I want to say.
So please contact me on any way you want. I want to do your hunt even if i am going to fly and pick you up from USA ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaritzaStu

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]