Rolex- the stupidest, lamest company

The Citizen Tsuyosa is a great alternative to the Rolex Oyster Perpetual.

I have a couple 44mm Citizen Eco's on the way. Tried on one of them in a store. Going to see if I like the bigger watches.
44mm is a big watch. I tried on the IWC Big Pilot that's 43mm and it looked like a dinner plate on my wrist. My skinny little frame doesn't have the meat to carry it off. My 42mm PO is about the max for me.

Drop a few pics with them on your wrist.

Last edited:
Reactions: CJW
44mm is a big watch. I tried on the IWC Big Pilot that's 43mm and it looked like a dinner plate on my wrist. My skinny little frame doesn't have the meat to carry it off. My 42mm PO is about the max for me.

Drop a few pics with them on your wrist when they show up.

Will do. I'm not convinced I'll like them long term but I got them cheaper off of ebay so hopefully won't lose much if I sell them. I'm going to try a couple nato's on them as well. With 7.25" wrists the 44 is doable depending on lug design and case thickness.

I wore the big pilot le petit prince a lot for a couple of years.

im not judging. we all have different tastes and preferences. we could all ride the bus or some other form of transportation but some choose not to. i dont begrudge a person who owns a car rather that opting for public transportation. kind of the same with watches. if watches or cars or firearms is your collective passion then i say, “God bless ya”

The Planet Ocean is in 45mm I have seen... that would indeed be a big watch... as well as being 15mm thick :E Shocked:

The Planet Ocean is in 45mm I have seen... that would indeed be a big watch... as well as being 15mm thick :E Shocked:
Mine is 42mm and my wife has one that’s a little smaller…maybe 40 but I can’t remember for certain.

The 45’s are monsters. LOL.

Yeah, I'm not into heavy gold necklaces or "body art". If someone drugged my beer and tattooed me, I'd probably jump in front of a bus when I came to.

Every year I tell my brother, "This season I WILL remember to remove my watch before I gut the deer." And every year without fail I forget. This year I finally remembered ... one out of three bucks anyway. I imagine you guys with Rolex watches would swoon if you forgot and sent them swimming in blood. :D Guess I'm still a working class guy at heart. Because my dad was. And his dad before him.
Your imagination and reality cannot be further apart.

If my Rolex could write a book, it would be an adult only controlled item and the header and footer of each page would have emergency contact numbers for a priest and a therapist.

Safe adventures

Your imagination and reality cannot be further apart.

If my Rolex could write a book, it would be an adult only controlled item and the header and footer of each page would have emergency contact numbers for a priest and a therapist.

Safe adventures

There's a reason rolex became a staple among SF dudes in Vietnam, and continued to be the watch du jour for several decades after within the SOF community at large..

The price tag certainly wasnt the attractant for enlisted guys that could barely afford to pay their bills already..

Durability and reliability were at the top of the list..

Youre not going to increase its value by dragging a submariner through the mud, taking it 30 feet deep into a river basin, hiking it through a mountain pass at 13,000 feet, and exposing it to the 120 degree temps and sand storms in baghdad...

but when you get to your final destination, wherever that it.. the submariner will still be telling time (accurately)...

you cant say that about many watches... and certainly couldnt say that about many at all in the 1960s when they first became en vogue in the SOF community (predating any reliable digital watches)..

I dont wear my sub anymore except for special occasions.. Ive put it away as an heirloom to be passed down to my first born.. (it was originally passed down to me by my father decades ago..)... but I do have a Tag Aquaracer 2000 (Tag's "sub" competitor) that I wear daily... that I have no problem at all dragging all over hells half acre.. (emergency contact numbers for a priest only.. no therapist required (yet)).. :D :D :D

For sure. They're a solid watch for the money. Owned by Seiko, so no surprise.

What you want is known as a super clone. Functionally they work great and fool nearly everyone.

Most of these are scam websites and would strongly advise against using these websites. One only has to do a quick search to read countless negative reviews about people falling victim to this scam.

HH

Agreed on the fakes/scam warning, not to mention buying fake watches of any value or "quality" is just plain uncool regardless of the brand. You can buy some legitimately great watches for the cost of a fake, clone, super clone or whatever euphemism is used to mitigate the stench of that genre. It's deceit and theft of a brand's IP.

I recently purchased a Mont Blanc fountain pen at Nordstrom's that turned out to be a fake. Someone had purchased the real one there, swapped the fake pen into the original box/packaging and returned it to Nordstrom's. Nordstrom's was great to me and made it right, but I felt horrible that someone pulled such a criminal scam on them, me, Mont Blanc etc.

I wonder what's the going rate for a decent working, "advertised" fake Rolex?

if there is such a thing. Lab Diamonds outsell, mined.

Well, I wasn't going to put my Rolex story in here but I guess here it goes.

I have only owned one Rolex, and unfortunately I don't have any pictures of it. I was 21 years old walking through a Bazaar in Tangier Morocco and came across a watch dealer with a table of watches and he was advertising Rolex's for 8 Euros, and I was able to talk him down to 6. We didn't have smart phones then so I couldn't verify if he was an authorized dealer, but I am pretty sure if wasn't.

I wore that Rolex for 3 weeks before it broke, I realized I had been had and with no return trip to Morocco planned, I was kind of screwed and threw it out.

Looking back it was totally worth the 6 euros just to have a story to add to this thread.

Hopefully that gave someone a laugh on a thread full of good taste!

Mine is 42mm and my wife has one that’s a little smaller…maybe 40 but I can’t remember for certain.

The 45’s are monsters. LOL.
Mine is a 45.5mm PO and I love it! Looks perfect on my wrist!!! Thought I am 6’3” and 250lbs…
My Panerai is larger lol

I have a couple 44mm Citizen Eco's on the way. Tried on one of them in a store. Going to see if I like the bigger watches.

Citizens are absolute battle tanks. I have a Citizen Aqualand Promaster Eco Drive given to me for my 18th birthday. I'm 41. It just keeps going. No battery, no winding, and the only time I ever have to reset the time is for DST.

Some of those were favored by the SOF community back in the day as well. They're tough watches.

Citizens are absolute battle tanks. I have a Citizen Aqualand Promaster Eco Drive given to me for my 18th birthday. I'm 41. It just keeps going. No battery, no winding, and the only time I ever have to reset the time is for DST.

Some of those were favored by the SOF community back in the day as well. They're tough watches.

Good to hear. Looking forward to getting them. Underrated as dive watches I've heard.

Last edited:
Well, I wasn't going to put my Rolex story in here but I guess here it goes.

I have only owned one Rolex, and unfortunately I don't have any pictures of it. I was 21 years old walking through a Bazaar in Tangier Morocco and came across a watch dealer with a table of watches and he was advertising Rolex's for 8 Euros, and I was able to talk him down to 6. We didn't have smart phones then so I couldn't verify if he was an authorized dealer, but I am pretty sure if wasn't.

I wore that Rolex for 3 weeks before it broke, I realized I had been had and with no return trip to Morocco planned, I was kind of screwed and threw it out.

Looking back it was totally worth the 6 euros just to have a story to add to this thread.

Hopefully that gave someone a laugh on a thread full of good taste!

Not surprised, I was born in Tangiers :ROFLMAO: :E Rofl:

That's really nice, Thank you!
1712314504479.png

Out of stock @ Citizen.

Last edited:
Good to hear. Looking forward to getting them. Underrated as dive watches I've heard.

Citizens and Seikos don't get enough credit, to be honest. Citizens are better in terms of their self-charging Eco Drive quartz, Seiko makes some of the toughest auto movements out there. Prior to the advent of the Casio G-Shocks (and then Suuntos, Garmins, etc.), all the serious operators either wore Seikos, Rolex's, and some Citizens. A lot of the operators in the 80's and 90's had Seikos. 90's saw a lot of guys with Citizens. When the digitals came out, though...that was it.

Danish prince, "Frogmen Corps", with a Citizen Aqualand.

citizen JPG.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carlo74371

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.