Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Zambia, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Hungary, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
In August of this year, I had the privilege of hunting with Mike Taylor @spike.t on his lovely Takeri Game Reserve in Zambia. It was a special trip, and I filed a hunting report here on the site. I also put together an article for African Hunting Gazette which appears in this quarter's issue. Hope anyone interested enjoys it. I am certain that you will enjoy a week to ten days on Takeri a lot more.

Rigby-275-In-Zambia-01.jpg

Attachments

• Rigby-275-In-Zambia.pdf
    3.9 MB · Views: 466
Last edited by a moderator:
Terrific read and photos. Very well done. Thank you for sharing it.

A very relatable style you have. Thanks for sharing that, it was an enjoyable read.

@Red Leg based on your excellent reports, I have booked a 2023 hunt with @spike.t for my daughter and me. Following your lead of classic caliber hunting, our plan is to use a 7x57 and a 404J.

@Red Leg Very well written, it was a privilege to be taken along on your hunt in reading about your adventure. Using such a classic round and rifle i salute you kind sir. I look forward to one day visiting and hunting in Zambia.

Wow, what a great trip and experience. Thank you for taking us along, enjoyed your report.

Glad you threw something on to paper as well.
(y)

Great article as per usual! You mention a custom chamber for the longer bullets, is your twist rate different as well?

Great article as per usual! You mention a custom chamber for the longer bullets, is your twist rate different as well?
No. Standard twist.

@Red Leg Very well written, it was a privilege to be taken along on your hunt in reading about your adventure. Using such a classic round and rifle i salute you kind sir. I look forward to one day visiting and hunting in Zambia.

Waiting ;) ...

Missed this article when you posted. Very nice write up.

Congratulations to you, Mike and Pete on a great hunt with great animals.

Fantastic reading, thanks for including the link, sounds like it was a great safari for you

Fantastic reading!
unfortunately a family wedding sunk my plans to get there this year.
@Red Leg if you were going to specify your ideal .275 what would you go for??

Fantastic reading!
unfortunately a family wedding sunk my plans to get there this year.
@Red Leg if you were going to specify your ideal .275 what would you go for??
I have two very special 7x57/.275 rifles. One is the Rigby Highland stalker that I took on this hunt. As a traditional .275, it is nearly perfect in every way. It was built to shoot the traditional 170 class bullets.
New Rigby .275

The second is a custom 7x57 built in Germanic style by the brilliant Al Lind. I am not sure how I would improve upon a 7x57 that expressed its Germanic heritage this well. It is optimized for 140 gr ammunition.
7x57 Mauser Rifle

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlessdiuse

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg