MMAL

Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
New Jersey, New York, Wyoming, Colorado, Mexico, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Northwest Territories, Newfoundland, Namibia
So now I've submitted a report I see this... I checked all the boxes except the last five. The bottom line is that I would unreservedly recommend hunting with Westfalen Safaris.
As I stated in the report section, great report but i can not give you an A as it was a little tardy. Like 1 1/2 year late!:sleep: Btw any picture of the trophies/mounts/rugs?

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
The search function is not google for sure.
A little help.

In the search function: "More"
Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 1.03.35 PM.png

All hunt reports in Africa are now listed with the country in the title.

If you narrow the search: select "search by title only"
Select a specific forum; "Hunting Reports Africa"

Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 1.01.53 PM.png

The results will be much more satisfactory.

AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
AfricaHunting.com
Media
Articles
I love the idea and the list but have a suggestion:

The search function in AH does not work well, I find that when searching for an outfitter or PH I get a number of hits unrelated to what I am looking for. For example, try searching for 3s safaris. So my suggestion is 1) what can we do to correct the search or conversely can we have the reports grouped by country/dangerous game vs plains game/ then outfitter and/or 2) The title of the posting should be in some standard format. ie Country - Outfitter. Thus making it easier to search for a specific outfitter or if searching for an outfitter in a certain country you can find the list with reviews. How cool would it be to look for a Zimb cape buffalo hunt by going to all the AH reviews/reports for ZIMB Dangerous Game Section and reading them grouped for each outfitter. I believe that this would take AH to the next level and would make the site a must visit when finding an outfitter.

My two cents, love the site either way. Thanks for the hard work Jerome, Brickburn and everyone else.
The search function on AH is actually quite powerful, as @BRICKBURN mentioned try the More... button to get to the actual Search page at the following link: https://www.africahunting.com/search/. Once there you will find different tabs to search in various ways.

It is true that when searching for an outfitter on AH such as 3S Safaris a lot of results will come up as Safaris is a very common name, however if the name of the outfitter is more unique like for instance Wintershoek you will get a much better search result.

In regards to the hunting reports section we do include the country at the beginning of each report so that members and visitors of AH can search for a specific country.
We add the following for instance:
SOUTH AFRICA:
NAMIBIA:
BENIN:
USA:
CANADA:
and so on...

If the hunt report is for a bow hunt we add also the following:
BOWHUNT:

If both rifle and bow we add also the following:
RIFLE: BOWHUNT:

We combine the above to make the reports more searchable through their title, like:
SOUTH AFRICA: NAMIBIA: BOWHUNT:

I like your suggestions regarding adding the outfitter name, dangerous game/plains game in the title however I have also been reminded by members throughout the years of moderating AH that they do not like it when you start messing around with their title and post too much so this is part of the reason why I stopped at just including the country and if it was a bow hunt.

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
Another assist that hunters themselves can provide to other members of using the “tag” Specific, relevant terms that som on might be searching for can be added to each OP.

Rick Cox

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Armstrong Fish and Game Club
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, British Colombia Ca.
As I stated in the report section, great report but i can not give you an A as it was a little tardy. Like 1 1/2 year late!:sleep: Btw any picture of the trophies/mounts/rugs?
I did post some photos of the mounts, or several of them... They should be under the Taxidermy section.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

The jugs contains oil in it. Take suggested drops as referenced in the item and for best outcomes take it two times per day. Unadulterated Completed container contains a dropper which turns out to be all the more simple for the shoppers to take it. Before utilizing the item sympathetically adhere to the guidelines how to utilize it.
20 day hunt in May 2022 with Zana Botes hard part now starting the wait
Better a fool on his own than a wise man at someone else's discretion
... F. Nietzsche
perry madl wrote on Ignatius of Antioch's profile.
Is your double still available?
I am interested in Safari Animal Paintings