Reviews Versus Reports

So now I've submitted a report I see this... I checked all the boxes except the last five. The bottom line is that I would unreservedly recommend hunting with Westfalen Safaris.

As I stated in the report section, great report but i can not give you an A as it was a little tardy. Like 1 1/2 year late!:sleep: Btw any picture of the trophies/mounts/rugs?

The search function is not google for sure.
A little help.

In the search function: "More"
Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 1.03.35 PM.png

All hunt reports in Africa are now listed with the country in the title.

If you narrow the search: select "search by title only"
Select a specific forum; "Hunting Reports Africa"

Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 1.01.53 PM.png

The results will be much more satisfactory.

I love the idea and the list but have a suggestion:

The search function in AH does not work well, I find that when searching for an outfitter or PH I get a number of hits unrelated to what I am looking for. For example, try searching for 3s safaris. So my suggestion is 1) what can we do to correct the search or conversely can we have the reports grouped by country/dangerous game vs plains game/ then outfitter and/or 2) The title of the posting should be in some standard format. ie Country - Outfitter. Thus making it easier to search for a specific outfitter or if searching for an outfitter in a certain country you can find the list with reviews. How cool would it be to look for a Zimb cape buffalo hunt by going to all the AH reviews/reports for ZIMB Dangerous Game Section and reading them grouped for each outfitter. I believe that this would take AH to the next level and would make the site a must visit when finding an outfitter.

My two cents, love the site either way. Thanks for the hard work Jerome, Brickburn and everyone else.
The search function on AH is actually quite powerful, as @BRICKBURN mentioned try the More... button to get to the actual Search page at the following link: https://www.africahunting.com/search/. Once there you will find different tabs to search in various ways.

It is true that when searching for an outfitter on AH such as 3S Safaris a lot of results will come up as Safaris is a very common name, however if the name of the outfitter is more unique like for instance Wintershoek you will get a much better search result.

In regards to the hunting reports section we do include the country at the beginning of each report so that members and visitors of AH can search for a specific country.
We add the following for instance:
SOUTH AFRICA:
NAMIBIA:
BENIN:
USA:
CANADA:
and so on...

If the hunt report is for a bow hunt we add also the following:
BOWHUNT:

If both rifle and bow we add also the following:
RIFLE: BOWHUNT:

We combine the above to make the reports more searchable through their title, like:
SOUTH AFRICA: NAMIBIA: BOWHUNT:

I like your suggestions regarding adding the outfitter name, dangerous game/plains game in the title however I have also been reminded by members throughout the years of moderating AH that they do not like it when you start messing around with their title and post too much so this is part of the reason why I stopped at just including the country and if it was a bow hunt.

Another assist that hunters themselves can provide to other members of using the “tag” Specific, relevant terms that som on might be searching for can be added to each OP.

As I stated in the report section, great report but i can not give you an A as it was a little tardy. Like 1 1/2 year late!:sleep: Btw any picture of the trophies/mounts/rugs?
I did post some photos of the mounts, or several of them... They should be under the Taxidermy section.

Another assist that hunters themselves can provide to other members of using the “tag” Specific, relevant terms that som on might be searching for can be added to each OP.
Yes (y) Tags are powerful...

I enjoy reading the hunt reports whether they are very detailed or just a few lines and pictures. Someone took the time to share his/her experience with us all. I really enjoy AH for the support everyone gives each other.

@Heym 88 "cool..I get to write about chasing a field rat around my woodpile with a daisy bb gun. You'll be excited about reading that one lol. Seriously Brick, that is an excellent idea." One of the best story's I read as a youngster was a recount of Cochise telling the story of hunting his first packrat hunt as a young boy around the fire. So If you write yours make sure you use a double rifle chambered in BB's and the rats have saber teeth with a huge woodpile.

Can anyone tell me if there is still a "Review" forum or is your hunt report the replacement of giving a review of your trip/outfitter at this time? Thanks in advance for your response.

Can anyone tell me if there is still a "Review" forum or is your hunt report the replacement of giving a review of your trip/outfitter at this time? Thanks in advance for your response.
We have a section called the Hunting reports Africa where you can post your hunt reports, this section can be found at the following link:

You can also leave a star rating along with a review for the resources listed in the Resources section at the following link:

We have a section called the Hunting reports Africa where you can post your hunt reports, this section can be found at the following link:

You can also leave a star rating along with a review for the resources listed in the Resources section at the following link:
Thank you!

Break time!
Reading all this gave me a headache.
AZDAVE - I agree- a little post is better than nothing and sometimes all the writer had time for.

Brand new here. Looking to book my first (hopefully of many) African hunts after a lifetime of American hunts of many types. I love the interaction of members. Seems like a gathering of friends around the campfire giving each other goodnatured crap after a hard day hunting. Planning to attend DSC this January after last year's disappointments. Thanks for all the great hunt reports I've read already. Hope to add mine in the near future.

Though as far as format goes, I tend to think of it as very general guidance - a sense of unspecified direction to be followed as the spirit moves the pen - er keyboard ............. :A Too Cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsmaelMorg

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg