REPORT: Karoo Taxidermy in Graaff Reinet

It's very hard to reconcile the pictures posted by LDK and those posted by Mr. van Heerden. Night and day, or chalk and cheese as the English might say. Personally, I'd like the two of them to have a discussion and let us know the results. Or if LDK is not a client of Karoo Taxidermy, then let us know that. If I have nothing else to go on but the two posts - I think my decision would be made for me.

This type of situation is why I stick with what I know. Yeah it may be better or cheaper or whatever. But I hunt with the same guy year after year and the same taxidermy guy over and over. Is it Perfect? No. As we have chased animals all over S.A. have we been disappointed? Yes. But at least I know I'm getting his best effort every time out and that's all I can ask for.

I've referred clients to Karoo Taxidermy and know of several large outfitters in South Africa that use them. Like all businesses problems do arise but they're always willing to recover the situation wherever possible.

Tim's pictures are indicative of the quality of their work, you don't grow and do the volume of work that Karoo Taxidermy does by being a bad taxidermist. I consider Graaff Reinet as one the finest towns in South Africa and am very appreciative of the employment that their business offers the local community.

I've just returned from my 2017 hunt and also collected work I had done with Karoo taxidermy will definitely post pics soon.

Tim,
Glad you were able to sort this out. Unfortunately for my mounts, there isn't anything that can be done, as it wouldn't be feasible to return them for "overhauling" for the lack of a better word. The eyes, nostrils and lips could use a serious make over and that would go a long way to making them more presentable, but the Caracal rug and Genets are beyond make overs. I sincerely appreciate you researching your records to find we were your clients and glad to see you're currently on top of your clients trophies. To many, one safari to RSA could be their trip of a lifetime and their memories are enhanced by good taxidermy work they can admire each and every day. I wish your company the best in future clients.
Best regards,
LDK

Hi Loyd. Apologies, this time it was me away on a Wingshooting Safari.

This was almost 10 years ago. I do remember you and the issues you expressed. I unfortunately do not have the the correspondence we had about this on hand and I cannot remember explicitly what transpired after you received your trophies. I am embarrassed to admit that we did in fact mount your trophies. I do not want to make excuses as this lack of quality workmanship should have never left our studio. At that time we did employ an aspiring artist as our studio manager. Unfortunately he had no concept with regards to quality control and needless to say, he did not last. It seems his bull did...
If I do remember correctly, we were talking well ahead of your safari too. If I can do anything for you to make amends please let me know.
When you are be back in SA, I would like to give you a tour of our new studio and facilities etc.

Sincerely yours,
Tim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warren03T

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross