AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa,Namibia, Alaska,lower 48
Good morning.

My crate arrived while were on our safari with KMG this month. Our house/dog sitter signed for the crate and had it put in the garage. When we got home I was very happy to see it sitting behind the UTV. I did open the top before I took a nap from the travel home.

We were able to get them up on the walls in the memories room. THis was the first time working with Splitting Image Taxidermy and I am %100 satisfied. From the time that Marius took me to their operation and got a tour of their facility to coordination on how I wanted the mounts done, they kept me updated every step of the way. Badger cargo worked the transport back to the states, Tom Kelly did all the customs work and coordinated the final freight shipment to our home. Completely professional from start to finish. They will be doing the animals from our just completed safari with KMG.

2021KMG1.jpeg
2021KMG2.jpeg
2021KMG3.jpeg
2021KMG4.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great! Glad to hear your happy with their work. They are done with mine just waiting to get shipped. Reminds me to do a follow up with them!

They look great. I'm hunting aardwolf and bat eared fox next year. Got the caracal last year.

Nice

Congratulations Dave. You have some special animals there!

@Wheels Yes in the last two safaris I have made it a bit tougher on @KMG Hunting Safaris, all the animals we hunted are what you would call collectors type special animals. We just finished our safari and got confirmation from @SPLITTING IMAGE TAXIDERMY that they had picked up our (Golden Wildebeest, black impala, copper springbok, cape grysbok, Oribi, large spotted genet, and porcupine) Marius did a great job in getting us on a interesting list of animals. Looking forward to working with splitting image again on this set of mounts.

Congrats on getting them home, I know you'll enjoy them. Its always like Christmas when the crate arrives!

Mounts look great Dave! Glad you got them to the house without any issue.

They are awesome Dave! Special critters needing to be full mounted for sure;)

It is so much fun going after those little night critters isn't it:)

@ActionBob Sir you are correct on hunting the night kritters. They have been some of my most enjoyable time afield. Had do do a full mount to do them justice.

Nice, congrats !

Wow!! Quick turnaround as well!! A specialized hunt is what I'm after. I may need to check out @KMG Hunting Safaris. Seems they have a reciprocal relationship with @SPLITTING IMAGE TAXIDERMY. Nice if your confident in the taxidermist, to have one-stop-shopping. Pardon my lack of knowledge - I’ve only hunted Plains Game - were there any issues getting the aardwolf or fox mounts into the US??

Wow!! Quick turnaround as well!! A specialized hunt is what I'm after. I may need to check out @KMG Hunting Safaris. Seems they have a reciprocal relationship with @SPLITTING IMAGE TAXIDERMY. Nice if your confident in the taxidermist, to have one-stop-shopping. Pardon my lack of knowledge - I’ve only hunted Plains Game - were there any issues getting the aardwolf or fox mounts into the US??
Permits are very limited for Aardwolf and Bat Eared Fox, but they are fully importable into the USA.

@Fixfire I didn't have any problems with the import. @KMG Hunting Safaris did all the leg work up front getting the permits. @SPLITTING IMAGE TAXIDERMY did a great job on the taxidermy and export permits.Tom at @TROPHY SHIPPERS handled the import. I informed Tom of what I successfully hunted when I returned from the safari and they worked with KMG and Splitting Image to get all the paperwork in order and shipped to my home.

@AZDAVE, did you have any issues bringing in the black impala, or is it the black face impala the one that is iffy to bring into the US?

@AZDAVE, did you have any issues bringing in the black impala, or is it the black face impala the one that is iffy to bring into the US?

Black Faced Impala would be an issue. Black Impala are variants of Common Impala.

Saw a number of black face impala in Namibia in 2021, but they aren't importable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg