R8 Custom Barrels-Dream Come True!

It is really strange to me that both Pale Horse and JSIP would make an incredible popping sound (removing their head from their arse) on the same week.

There is a guy on the BlaserBuds forum claiming that JSIP also came to the table this week, with actual product from an order only 3 months ago.

I don't think I am going to give either one of them a penny, but it is nice know that they came around.

I wonder if the guys that got screwed by JSIP, ever got take care of? Also what about he quality control issues that Pale Horse had, are they over?

I wish Border and Bix N Andy would import their R8 barrels.

I contacted Sip last year about a carbon fiber R8 barrel, but lost interest. He sent this 3 weeks ago:

”Sorry for the late reply. We have been very busy here in our shop and have not been taking new orders.

We are finally catching up and are ready to start doing custom orders again.

Currently on our carbon barrels we are about 3 months out. We have a lot of options as far as twist rates go. We can build our carbon barrels in any twist rate we can build a standard barrel in.“

Muskox, I am one of those that got screwed by Justin Sip. I got so disgusted with my ordeal with Justin that I put this whole thing on the back burner since I had other important matters, a business to run, and deaths in the family that needed tending. Anyways, I just called the Washington County Justice Court in Utah on Friday to see if they got my small claims complaint. I am supposed to call back on Monday. I have copies of the cashiers checks that he deposited into his account, along with every conversation/email we had, so It is not a matter of my word against his. I have every thing documented. In addition to the $1000.00 he cheated me out of, I now have an extra $260.00 that I have spent on getting copies of the deposited cashiers checks, filing fees, and having papers served. I keep wondering if Justin is man enough, and honest enough to eventually make this right.

My ordeal with Justin starts on page 7 for anyone wanting to catch up on the whole story.

Last edited:
Between the two I am shocked that people have such a short memory on this.

J Sip as a scam artist and Pale Horse with quality issues.

There seems to be a concerted effort to raise the two of them back out to rebirth like a pheonix.

J Sip is also active on Instagram. They seem to be doing lots of business and making custom rifles and R8 barrels. I hope they have all the kinks worked out from the past.

Looking to have a 28 nosler made. Has anybody had one made and are you happy with the results
They make good barrels. I would place the order exactly as you want it (length, twist rate, fluted/non, ?) and tell him you are not giving a down payment. He only gets paid when he produces your barrel.
Philip

Looking to have a 28 nosler made. Has anybody had one made and are you happy with the results
You might consider the 7PRC, you will get better barrel life. I'm not sure if that matters to you or not. It will be a little shorter case too.

Iv wanted a 28 nosler for awhile now I know barrel life sucks. It’s going to be used for hunting only after load development I don’t see it being shot more than a dozen times a year. I’m still pretty hesitant
To contact j sip after reading the horror stories here. Any other recommendations would be appreciated

For all those who have been following my ordeal with Justin Sip, I have now filed another small claims complaint, this time in the Utah court system, papers were served, and he has not responded in any way again. I have recently filed for a "Motion for Default Judgment" and am currently waiting on the next step in the system. It has been 2 years since he took my $1000.00, alot of aggravation, alot of stress, and have spent alot of time and additional expenses (around $260.00) trying to get my money back. Justin must think if he does not respond to any and all requests to resolve this issue, he will be able to steal my money and I will some how disappear. I will let everyone know if Justin finally makes this right, or if he will continue to ignore this problem and show what kind of a person and businessman he is. I will report all information, good, bad, or otherwise, as more info becomes available.

Last edited:
For all those who have been following my ordeal with Justin Sip, I have now filed another small claims complaint, this time in the Utah court system, papers were served, and he has not responded in any way again. I have recently filed for a "Motion for Default Judgment" and am currently waiting on the next step in the system. It has been 2 years since he took my $1000.00, alot of aggravation, alot of stress, and have spent alot of time and additional expenses (around $260.00) trying to get my money back. Justin must think if he does not respond to any and all requests to resolve this issue, he will be able to steal my money and I will some how disappear. I will let everyone know if Justin finally makes this right, or if he will continue to ignore this problem and show what kind of a person and businessman he is. I will report all information, good, bad, or otherwise, as more info becomes available.
Sorry for your troubles, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Definitely know who not to use. He may have given you a hard time. Due to your efforts you are saving some of us the heart ache. Not sure if that makes you feel any better, we appreciate you.

I noticed that J Sip has started selling his barrels again, and calling them "Gamm88" barrels. He must've been told to quit using the R8 designation on his barrels. He also says he won't make any caliber/contour configurations that are made by the Blaser factory.

I just received an email from Justin, and he said a check is in the mail for the money I sent him plus the additional fee's. He also said that he is sending me a 30-06 barrel that is close to what I initially ordered, for the incovenience at no charge. According to Justin, he sent the barrel, and did not realize I never received it, or he would have fixed this sooner. I am satisfied with Justins actions on making this issue "Right", and will repeat this info on all other sites where this issue has been discussed.

I was anxious to test this barrel so I took the morning off from work. Today I attached the barrel on my stock so I could test the barrel for accuracy. On 4 factory barrels and one Elmers barrel, tightening the captured nut on the stock that attaches the barrel usually takes 10 to 12 half turns with no resistance, bottoms out, give a little extra torque and all is tight. The problem with this barrel: tightening the top captured nut (closest to the front of barrel) started feeling resistance after about 6 half turns, resistance increased until it bottomed out, then I gave a little extra torque as usual to tighten. The bottom captured nut (closest to the action) had resistance after about 2 half turns and felt increasing resistance from that point on (felt like the threads were not lining up properly, I gave about 6 half turns. I removed the barrel and checked the threads on the barrel and they looked good. I repeated the process, and with increasing resistance bottomed out after about 12 half turns, and gave a little extra torque as usual to tighten. Upon removing the barrel the bottom barrel screw stayed attached to the captured nut in the stock. Now I am hoping the threads on the stock captured nut are not stripped. I sent an email to Justin and now waiting on a response.

Attachments

• DSC_3222.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 79
  • DSC_3223.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 69
  • DSC_3229.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 76
  • DSC_3230.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 68
That is really not cool. I cannot imagine your frustration...

I have two Sip barrels. Both 19mm... one in 308, the other in 9.3x62. Both sets of studs did not match "exactly" with the captured nuts, unlike the ease of my other two Blaser barrels, but not enough that it concerned me

Both barrels are very accurate. Sub MOA with my reloads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MUABritney

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross