Qatar Airlines and rifles

Edster

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Anyone have any insight for flying with rifles on Qatar. Have heard all that needs to be done is that number of rifles and weight of ammo needs to be noted on ticket.
Have also heard that you need to email them and get approval/acknowledgment.

Anyone have any insight for flying with rifles on Qatar. Have heard all that needs to be done is that number of rifles and weight of ammo needs to be noted on ticket.

Many of us here have flown QA. You’ve basically got the process correct. I’m about and about at the moment and only have my phone with me. But there’s somewhere on the QA website that explains the process. Likely under a baggage tab. I’ll try to remember and look it up later for you if you don’t find it first.

Your call but best to use an experienced travel agent, especially in today's climate. Trying to wing it on your own could be a recipe for confiscation of your firearms.

I am flying Qatar for first time this May. Travel Express is handling the Qatar paperwork. Best to use and experienced travel agent with all going on as others have said. Jennifer said I need to send her copy of invitation letter from PH, copy of Form 4457 and she would handle the rest. That’s why I use them because they are always on top of any changes that you might not be aware of.

I am flying Qatar for first time this May. Travel Express is handling the Qatar paperwork. Best to use and experienced travel agent with all going on as others have said. Jennifer said I need to send her copy of invitation letter from PH, copy of Form 4457 and she would handle the rest. That’s why I use them because they are always on top of any changes that you might not be aware of.

I’m using Travel Express and Lori has yet to ask for any paperwork. I had actually questioned about any other info other than number of rifles and weight of ammo and was told that was all she needed.

I’m using Travel Express and Lori has yet to ask for any paperwork. I had actually questioned about any other info other than number of rifles and weight of ammo and was told that was all she needed.

You are correct. I just looked at my email from Jennifer. It asked only for the number of rifles and weight of ammo.

I’d love to hear a report from those of you using Qatar this year. I am always interested in checking out other airlines.

I wrote to Qatar in Boston a week ago requesting pre-approval for pre-approval to transport firearms. No response yet. I emailed FastJet in Zim and AirLink in RSA, sending my 4457, passport, itenary, copy if applications for import licenses and description of firearms and ammunition and received email confirmation of pre-approval from both within 7 days. Will advise when Qatar responds.

I wrote to Qatar in Boston a week ago requesting pre-approval for pre-approval to transport firearms. No response yet. I emailed FastJet in Zim and AirLink in RSA, sending my 4457, passport, itenary, copy if applications for import licenses and description of firearms and ammunition and received email confirmation of pre-approval from both within 7 days. Will advise when Qatar responds.

If you haven’t heard from them in a week, give them a call. I have flown firearms on Qatar several times without issues. A week without any response is too long, sometimes emails get lost of missed.

I’d love to hear a report from those of you using Qatar this year. I am always interested in checking out other airlines.

Flew Qatar from Ft. Worth-Doha-Arusha in October 2020 and back the same route. Honestly best service and newest plane I have flown. I will fly Qatar if I can going forward, makes Delta much less appealing.

Image1614691160.281623.jpg

We need to hear from some that have flown with them in cattle class.

I’ve flown all three classes with them. Never had any issues.

I flew with them but didn't take my rifle. They have nice planes and the airport at Doha is great. But cattle class is all about the same on all airlines.

We need to hear from some that have flown with them in cattle class.
In many cases business class is about the same as delta premium select.

Flew Qatar from Ft. Worth-Doha-Arusha in October 2020 and back the same route. Honestly best service and newest plane I have flown. I will fly Qatar if I can going forward, makes Delta much less appealing.

View attachment 391340
Was this a business or first class seat?

I’ve flown all three classes with them. Never had any issues.

Flown economy with them several times both internationally and regionally... always a positive experience

Yes, I flew them to Tanzania last September. I use Steve Turner of Travel with Guns Travel Agency (imo the best) and you need that pre approval form for the firearm. TWG did that for me. A great airline and I upgraded to business class and it is your own little cabin with a bed that goes vertical and first class food and drinks. They have won best business class like 5 of the last 6 years I think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MUABritney

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross